DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendations for Mavic Pro landing lights

SgtDannySgt

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am looking to purchase a landing light kit for my Mavic Pro. I am finding some from Pgytech but for the Mavic 2. Are there some kits available still for the Mavic Pro? Thanks

Danny

Are you referring to PGYTECH lights like these or something else?

Exactly like this... I refined my search on Amazon.ca and was able to find them here in Canada. Are these kits recommended? Thanks

What exactly are you trying to light up?

Am looking to fly at night so would like to install landing lights so the drone can land safely. Or are they even necessary?

Attaching a light to the drone is not going to help it land. However, it might help you manually land if you're able to see the ground better.

I don't fly at night often. If I did, I'd look into getting some type of light that could light up the landing area on the ground. For example, a portable light like this one would likely come in handy.

Thanks for your input mate, I appreciate it.

Those PGYTECH lights are pretty much useless. I have a set, but never use them. Wise to light up landing area, and buy strobe lights for the drone. So, you know where the drone is, and you know where the landing site is. I have my landing site lite up, going to buy some strobes next for night flying. I don't fly to far at night because its difficult to see my bird.

That is what I was leaning towards. The Lume strobe looks interesting although a tad pricey.

Reactions: SpitFire
I've been experimenting with landing during civil twilight - light enough to be legal, but dark enough that the forward obstacle sensing and optical flow don't work. I tried lighting the landing pad to aid the optical positioning and it failed miserably. From what I can tell, if it's too dark for the forward obstacle sensors to work, the downward optical positioning seems to shut down as well. I could be wrong, but so far that's been my experience. I'm still working on it - but net so far is that lighting just the landing area isn't cutting it.

LP

I tried lighting the landing pad to aid the optical positioning and it failed miserably. From what I can tell, if it's too dark for the forward obstacle sensors to work, the downward optical positioning seems to shut down as well. I could be wrong, but so far that's been my experience.
I've had the same experience. I think the best one can do is light up the landing area so the aircraft can be safely landed manually. And it would of course be a good idea to take off in a wide open area (to allow room for error) just in case the aircraft needs to auto return home and land.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert