DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe lights for Mavic Cine

Yeah with arm mounts, size doesn't matter too much.
The FHT larger strobes are all pretty much the brightest, for great visual when locating in the sky, and warning others around of its presence.

I've lost touch a bit on what's in their larger strobe line up, but the ACR XL with the audible alarm might be helpful in a downed drone scenario.
90db alarm goes off if drone has no movement for 4 minutes.
Depends on where flying mainly, urban probably best not to advertise a downed drone location, but rural type flights it'd be great.

Reactions: sab35263
I started out with the firehouse stuff and switched to this one.
C style charge cord and brighter in my old eyes. No fancy mount needed.
Velcro type stuff works fine.
Yep, I have the ViFly strobes as well. Lightweight, inexpensive, and all colors in one strobe. I used the 3D mounts as well; for the security of it, I'm not really comfortable with tape or velcro on mounting something that constantly comes on and off (plus I don't like the look of velcro/tape on my drone without the strobes). Other than the Arc V strobes, if these were around back in the day when I buying up the lesser Firehouse strobes, I would have opted for ViFly for sure.

Reactions: sab35263
The quality of the Velcro itself can be an issue. Just like anything else, there can be some garbage to be purchased. I have used this system on several fly cams and have not lost anything to this point. One of my pre-checks is to slightly twist in both directions as I push the two pieces together to insure the micro hooks engage.

Not to take away from the Strobe Light aspect of this fine thread, I do have Firehouse strobes for my other Drones, they are excellent, but my curiosity in the Auxilliary Bottom Light which is pretty bright even in daylight out to a certain distance got me thinking why DJI did not program the ability to toggle from constant to strobe into the firmware, it certainly would compliment the LEDs on the landing gear. Anyone think about this ??

My M3Cine continues to amaze me every time I fly.

Reactions: tls3601