DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommended Accessories

davidjwest

Reactions
Hi all,

I've just recently got my Mavic 2 Zoom and was wondering what accessories people have and what is recommended/needed.

I have got an extra memory card so far, anemometer and a landing mat.

I'm considering getting a filter for the camera to help with the choppy video when rotating, spare batteries, car charger and a carry case.

Anything else?

These things get expensive quite quickly don't they!

Thanks for any comments.

You’re right on the money about drone equipment.
The only things that are in my box is a set of longer legged landing gear if you ever fly off pavement ! , and the other thing is I fly with a strobe light to help see it when it’s out and about.

You got yourself an awesome drone that’s for sure , I love flying mine , I have had mine for six months or so and it’s just awesome.
I had a Parrot Anafi before that for a while and there is just no comparison what so ever .

I guess one other thing when your bank manager starts talking to you again is the smart controller.
There are mixed feelings on the forum about them but for me it’s a fantastic piece of droneology .

We I wish you all the best times with your new best friend and take care and have fun with it .

Ha David, you've got yourself an awesome piece of kit there! I think you'll find the Mavic 2 is an amazing machine and wonderful to fly. Some people really get overboard with all the accessoiries. Just try flying it for a couple of days/weeks, and you'll quickly find what things you'll need.

Having said that, I think the Smart Controller is a no-brainer. It's expensive, but it makes getting your drone ready to fly such a breeze, rather than having to connect your phone, fire up the app, check if it connected properly, etc. Smart controller: switch on controller, switch on drone, ready to fly.

Furthermore, get as many batteries as you need for your type of flying. I have three, and that is enough for me.

Then there are some practical items which may or may not be your thing; filters, extended landing gear, landing pads, suitcases, prop guards, floatation devices, etc. I would only get those if you really need them.

Reactions: Lionfish
The smart controller is great if you can afford it it allows your fingers to comfortably control all the sticks and Dials so it makes it easier to attain cinematic video. Another good purchase is a free well variable ND filter you can pretty much leave one filter on your drone and never have to remove it or put one back on.

Happy flying

Congrats! Hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do mine.?
Definitely get a fly-more kit just for the the extra 2 batteries, case and assorted goodies. You'll want at least 3 batteries and I think that's the least expensive way to get them. Extra props are also handy!
I also bought these leg extenders because DJI's just sit too close to the ground. The rear ones fold up and none of them have to be removed when you're done flying
And lastly I JUST received these filters but haven't had a chance to try them out yet
Happy flying!

Last edited:
The anemometer is, IMHO, only practical at ground level.....the wind speed at your typical flying altitude (AGL) is more critical.

As for accessories I use....spare batteries and props, variable neutral density filter (for video), foldable landing pad, battery retention strap, lens hood and leg extensions.

Right, almost forgot, Firehouse Arc III's and the Smart Controller.

I found rotor guards helpful for my own security when flying close to objects. Only once have i had a gust of wind from the apex of a roof cause the UAV to bump a chimney and at that time i was glad for the guards.

Ha David, you've got yourself an awesome piece of kit there! I think you'll find the Mavic 2 is an amazing machine and wonderful to fly. Some people really get overboard with all the accessoiries. Just try flying it for a couple of days/weeks, and you'll quickly find what things you'll need.

Having said that, I think the Smart Controller is a no-brainer. It's expensive, but it makes getting your drone ready to fly such a breeze, rather than having to connect your phone, fire up the app, check if it connected properly, etc. Smart controller: switch on controller, switch on drone, ready to fly.

Furthermore, get as many batteries as you need for your type of flying. I have three, and that is enough for me.

Then there are some practical items which may or may not be your thing; filters, extended landing gear, landing pads, suitcases, prop guards, floatation devices, etc. I would only get those if you really need them.
What Smart Controller do you recommend?

Welcome aboard and greetings from Albany, NY!?

And ditto on having extra USB cables. There is nothing more frustrating than going out to fly and the cable has connection problems.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e