DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommended IPAD for Mavic Air?

Ir could help depending on the signal strength that the Garmin can pull versus the portable device. I have not tested the two side by side but I guess I could real quick. I am not sure if the tiny receiver in a mobile phone would be better or worse then the receiver in the Garmin. Worth some research I guess if you plan on being in some super challenging GPS areas. I will get back to you with my anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: Ztopgun28
Ir could help depending on the signal strength that the Garmin can pull versus the portable device. I have not tested the two side by side but I guess I could real quick. I am not sure if the tiny receiver in a mobile phone would be better or worse then the receiver in the Garmin. Worth some research I guess if you plan on being in some super challenging GPS areas. I will get back to you with my anecdotal evidence.
Ok thanks, yes let me know before I buy the Garmin :)

My iPad does not have cellular so I really can't compare the two. I was also looking for a good ios GPS signal strength meter and there really isn't one. If I can get it to pair with my pixel 3 I will let you know. I have never tried before and it seems to not want to connect with it. Dunno. Sorry.

Reactions: Ztopgun28
My iPad does not have cellular so I really can't compare the two. I was also looking for a good ios GPS signal strength meter and there really isn't one. If I can get it to pair with my pixel 3 I will let you know. I have never tried before and it seems to not want to connect with it. Dunno. Sorry.
Ok no worries, thx for looking into it though

Any good cheap tablets to buy that would work? I have a Galaxy S9 and I have troubles connecting from my phone even if I use USB to c. I'm open to more suggestions in problem solving too.
On the tablet side maybe something like the Fire 7 ($50) or Microsoft Surface RT ($35)... I just got my drone but don't have the funds for an apple product... unless a first generation ipad mini ($60) would work? :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka