DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Record point position to return after battery replace

marciano

Reactions
I'm asking if there's an app (Litchi,...) that allows me doing so.

There's no WP mission, just flying in countryside.
The moment I decide to return to home point to replace the battery I would like to record the present position and heading and rapidly return to it.
Thank you

I'm asking if there's an app (Litchi,...) that allows me doing so.

There's no WP mission, just flying in countryside.
The moment I decide to return to home point to replace the battery I would like to record the present position and heading and rapidly return to it.
Thank you
I believe I saw that with the HDRPANO 3D app (or one of it's versions) you can stop the mission for a battery change and then go back and continue. You didn't say what drone you are using, I purchased it several months ago for my Mini but was having some difficulty in the work flow of producing the HDR panos. At that time I found the tutorial videos for the HDRPANO 3D version confusing.

Maybe check it out and let us know if it will accommodate battery changes.

AFAIK all programmed mission apps return the quad (P4P in my case) when the battery is low. The program regain the mission from the last WP. We don't have to do nothing but change the battery and continue the mission.

I'm not flying a mission, only free inspection flights in the fields.
I'm thinking 2 things:
1) Go4 draws the flying path. The time to change battery press Go Home button so the path will be a recognizable straight line to follow back after battery change.
2) Using Litchi take note of the coordinates, altitude and bearing. After landing create a 1 Waypoint mission with that data. Change the battery and start the mission to go to WP1 (I don't remember if Litchi also draw the flying path just for verification)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty