DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Record to SD Card?

HFMan

Reactions
So the manual isn't all that clear. The goggles cannot record video to the SD card? Only screen shots?

My understanding is that the SD slot on the DJI Goggles is only for playback/viewing. In other words, you would take the card out of the Mavic and place it in the goggles. Yes that sounds stupid

Reactions: Rensyo
My understanding is that the SD slot on the DJI Goggles is only for playback/viewing. In other words, you would take the card out of the Mavic and place it in the goggles. Yes that sounds stupid
It does do screen shots by holding two fingers for one second on the side touch panel. I don't know about video. Also you can't use larger than a 32 gb card in the goggles.

You can do screenshots and download videos from the aircraft to the card wirelessly for later viewing. You can't put the aircraft's card in and play back from that.

The only way to "record to SD in the goggles" is when you download from the aircraft to the goggles. It does NOT record in realtime to the SD card while flying, period. I know, I have them.

Reactions: Mike Shock
The only way to "record to SD in the goggles" is when you download from the aircraft to the goggles. It does NOT record in realtime to the SD card while flying, period. I know, I have them.
It does put the two finger snapshots on the card though.. i tested this last nite.

Its unfortunate there is no way to get the view in the goggles recorded as video (for data stats, etc), there is probably a hack way via the hdmi to an external recorder but that defeats the purpose of built in memory.

Would be nice indeed, especially since the livestream as shown on the goggles is perfectly smooth while for some reason the video cache stored on the mobile device is stuttery.

No chance on HDMI, it's input only (unfortunate for so many reasons).

Would be nice indeed, especially since the livestream as shown on the goggles is perfectly smooth while for some reason the video cache stored on the mobile device is stuttery.

No chance on HDMI, it's input only (unfortunate for so many reasons).
oops.. i hadnt got that far on the hdmi to realize its input only.

I know there are other ways to get the data from the craft itself (which i havent tried yet).. ie: i think dji assistant on a pc or maybe android (but not ios).. then use dashware but in 1080 mode only, the hope was to flip back and forth with an sd view of the altitude/speed etc.. i guess for now a quick screen grab thrown in a video might be better than nothing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J