DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

recorded video in MP4 last night but windows media player will not play

Sterk

Reactions
Recorded video last night on the mavic 2 pro and tried to play it with windows media player but will not play, says check format. Its MP4 and should play with windows. I tried another MP4 and it plays fine. To me there is only MP4 or MOV to select as far as recording but I always use MP4 and never had a problem. I have another program which opens it just fine but windows MP should open it and I would like to get this corrected as I'm filming with it tomorrow. Not sure if in the menu something got slid the wrong way but not sure what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, never had this problem prior?

Thanks Sterk03

Recorded video last night on the mavic 2 pro and tried to play it with windows media player but will not play, says check format. Its MP4 and should play with windows. I tried another MP4 and it plays fine. To me there is only MP4 or MOV to select as far as recording but I always use MP4 and never had a problem. I have another program which opens it just fine but windows MP should open it and I would like to get this corrected as I'm filming with it tomorrow. Not sure if in the menu something got slid the wrong way but not sure what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, never had this problem prior?

Thanks Sterk03

MP4 are a container file, there is h264 and h265 and to play in windows you will need the relevant codec installing, a simple google search will show you which one you want

I think the question we need to ask was it recorded as H264 or H265 as mentioned above. Second question would be if it was H265 have you ever had problems playing them before?
If H265 you will need to find a windows codec for H265. I know when I downloaded mine it cost me about a buck and a half. A search on google looks like there might be free ones out there now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78