DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recycle Battery.

flabombarda

Reactions
Guys,

How exactly should I do the battery recycle ? I know there is a recommendation to recycle the battery after +-20 charges.

What's the right way to do it ?

Thanks

+ or - 20? I'll keep using it until it won't hold charge or I see charging an issue. But I haven't seen this happen yet. I think it will be a while before it happens.

I know there is a recommendation to recycle the battery after +-20 charges
There is no such requirement. You don't need to cycle Mavic batteries.

Guys,

How exactly should I do the battery recycle ? I know there is a recommendation to recycle the battery after +-20 charges.

What's the right way to do it ?

Thanks

Don't listen to those two. After 20 charges send it to a safe recycling center.
I will send you a PM with my address errrr I mean the recycling address.
:D:)

Rob

The Batteries are good for probably 500 complete cycles. Your mileage may vary but when your flight time is getting short to the point of annoyance then it's time to replace them.

Reactions: Bunny Too and Vilco
LOL

Thanks, the reason I asked is because this is the recommendation from Healthdrones.com when you track maintenance.
maybe is too conservative !

Yeah I suspect the reason they say that is because of calibration.

For example, if from 100% down to say 10% which would be the minimum safe landing battery takes 20 minutes with a new battery, now the app can say that each 1% is about 12 seconds of battery so the "time remaining" indicator is accurate.

After a bunch of cycles, let's say that battery is down to 15 minutes, now it's like 9 seconds per 1% and if the app is actually using that data then again, that indicator is accurate.

Note that I don't actually know if the DJI app stores or uses such data for batteries, but that's the only reason I can think of why you'd want to fully cycle a battery. Lithium batteries don't have a memory effect, and cycling them down to very low charge does more harm than good - if you care about battery life in the long run you should really try to land with 20%+ left so as not to cycle them into the deep discharge area unless you really need to.

Reactions: flabombarda
Don't listen to those two. After 20 charges send it to a safe recycling center.
I will send you a PM with my address errrr I mean the recycling address.
:D:)

Rob

The Batteries are good for probably 500 complete cycles. Your mileage may vary but when your flight time is getting short to the point of annoyance then it's time to replace them.

A good friend with a Mavic since release told me that the batteries were only good for 100 cycles. And he told me this after I bought the Fly More combo. I got disappointed but is there any truth to this? 100 seems very low for a very expensive battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem