DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Alert after Swapping Pro to Zoom

Barnes_de

Reactions
Hi all,

I exchanged the camera on my Mavic 2 Pro cam/gimbal to the Zoom cam/gimbal.

When starting the M2Z‘, Go4 gives me a alert on the startup status screen:

I translate the text from German: „overall status: To check the latest firmware, please connect the controller“ IN RED „uncommon“

2f3190c6ba759f37101495ea4b5bf395.jpg

Typing on red the alert, the explanation reads: „camera error - restart aircraft. If error still exists after restart please contact DJI support.3“ (whatever „3“ stands for at the end)..

d3c2030da978aa8dd08fe3d9c9479459.jpg

Additional info:
- All firmware are up to date.
- Go4 well supports the Zoom camera and offers the specific camera modes.
- I have logged about 8 flights in this configuration without issues.

Any idea/solution to get rid of warning?

Hey, have you tried using the DJI Assistant 2 Software to update the Mavic 2?

There may be an inconsistent firmware update.

Try downgrading to an older firmware? Maybe the newest doesn't like camera swaps anymore.

Make sure firmware is indeed updated, then do a gimbal settings reset. I had somewhat like that once after swap, but it disappeared later. Now i got a second body from ebay and built m2z - all worked fine and got registered fine.

Hi all,

I exchanged the camera on my Mavic 2 Pro cam/gimbal to the Zoom cam/gimbal.

When starting the M2Z‘, Go4 gives me a alert on the startup status screen:

I translate the text from German: „overall status: To check the latest firmware, please connect the controller“ IN RED „uncommon“

2f3190c6ba759f37101495ea4b5bf395.jpg

Typing on red the alert, the explanation reads: „camera error - restart aircraft. If error still exists after restart please contact DJI support.3“ (whatever „3“ stands for at the end)..

d3c2030da978aa8dd08fe3d9c9479459.jpg

Additional info:
- All firmware are up to date.
- Go4 well supports the Zoom camera and offers the specific camera modes.
- I have logged about 8 flights in this configuration without issues.

Any idea/solution to get rid of warning?
Have you found a fix for the code 3 error for the zoom yet? Same thing here. It all works but still get code 3 warning.

Nope, no fix other than a) ignoring or b) swapping back to Pro.
like said previously - in the last assistant try to downgrade to version .300, then run upgrade back to latest .400. make sure to reset the gimbal and run gimbal calibration. it should not be there, that error. if it is still there, well, it is unfortunate. difficult to understand why it is there, it should not be.

like said previously - in the last assistant try to downgrade to version .300, then run upgrade back to latest .400. make sure to reset the gimbal and run gimbal calibration. it should not be there, that error. if it is still there, well, it is unfortunate. difficult to understand why it is there, it should not be.
Been there done that! Went back to .100, .300 now back to .400 Still the same code 3. I have been looking here for answers. Someone must or will have figured a fix. I would just like to know what code 3 means. Since everything works just fine. I will keep looking. I am sure DJI could remove that for a price. As long as both cams works. I can live with it. Thanks again

This might help:

Didn't Apple get stung for this sort of thing with the error 53 iPhone aftermarket screen fiasco?

Basically manufacturer preventing end user right to repair deemed illegal by the courts.

This might help:

OK - so software pairing is a potential explanation. Thx for this hint.

I keep ignoring it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa