DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red images with horizontal lines

reynoldseth

Reactions
Hello I’m having a really frustrating issue with images being saved are discolored and some have horizontal lines through them. I’ve shot in several different locations and have saved images in jpeg and raw. I can’t seem to find anyone else with the same issue either. Image shows up ok during live view during flight but when an image is captured it is captured with a red or purple saturation. I’ve included examples.

Attachments

• 1927EE79-9565-43CA-8026-B3FC406DD63B.jpeg
    1927EE79-9565-43CA-8026-B3FC406DD63B.jpeg
    9.4 MB · Views: 17
  • A5F6782C-1D45-49BB-BDFD-BFE05C864672.jpeg
    A5F6782C-1D45-49BB-BDFD-BFE05C864672.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 17
I don't see much in the way of horizontal lines, but I sure see the coloration. If this is a new purchase, I would return it for a new one (no reason for you to bear the burden of repair if new).

If you had this AC for awhile and it was fine before, did you have any crashes or subject the camera to extreme heat?

It looks like a damaged sensor. It could also be a loose multi-pin connector, but I haven't had to fool with those myself on the Mavic (some old phantoms could give weird results if an MPC was loose).

Chris

Reactions: reynoldseth
It looks like a damaged sensor. It could also be a loose multi-pin connector, but I haven't had to fool with those myself on the Mavic (some old phantoms could give weird results if an MPC was loose).
I think you are on the right track. Those pics remind me of what happens when one of the pins on an (old) RGB cable was either mis- or dis-connected. Definitely not right.

Last edited:
I don't see much in the way of horizontal lines, but I sure see the coloration. If this is a new purchase, I would return it for a new one (no reason for you to bear the burden of repair if new).

If you had this AC for awhile and it was fine before, did you have any crashes or subject the camera to extreme heat?

Chris
Thanks man I think I am going to be contacting DJI because I’ve tried just about everything I can do with no luck. It is fairly new maybe a month or 2 old and it was working fine when I bought it. No crashes or extreme heat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus