DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red LED's were off

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
On one of my last flights today (First day with it) I noticed the front red LED's were off. I went into the menus but didn't find the setting (I'm sure the manual mentions something about disabling them). I powered down the Mavic and the app, fired up again and they were on for the last flight of a couple minutes.

The front LEDs can be turned off/on using the following settings in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos.jpg

If you are recording, they turn off. I had the same thing happen to me at night. Not saying that is what happened to you but that what my issue was.

Reactions: jamiemink
C1 or C2 buttons may be set to control LEDS. U might be hitting the button and turning them on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'll check this out tomorrow - Yes I was recording, but I don't recall the lights going off. Also don't recall seeing the option when I went looking for it. (Though I recall reading about it)

I'll check this out tomorrow - Yes I was recording, but I don't recall the lights going off. Also don't recall seeing the option when I went looking for it. (Though I recall reading about it)
The nominal setting is for the lights to turn off while recording. It helps prevent a red reflection or hue in your video. They briefly turn of before snapping a picture as well.

C1 or C2 buttons may be set to control LEDS. U might be hitting the button and turning them on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sounds like a great idea - but mine were not assigned to anything yet. It looks like the "light off for best video/photo" is the reason it happened.

I really wish they'd use the aviation navigation light convention (similar to boats): left/red; right/green, tail/white -- with specific angles of coverage for each.

Agreed. So I bought a red and green strobon, an velcroed them under the "armpits" where they can only be seen when the aircraft is turned correctly. They are extremely small and pop off after use.

"Strobon" Pardon my ignorance, can you please supply details/pics and real name. I tried Amazon and eBay, no luck.

"Strobon" Pardon my ignorance, can you please supply details/pics and real name. I tried Amazon and eBay, no luck.
STROBON Standalone - Flytron
They are tiny and self powered, recharged by mini USB. I just put a little square of velcro on them, and one under the "armpits" behind the gimbal, and pop them on and off when done, so the arms fold up as usual. These little guys put out a lot of light for their size.

I put a red one on the left, a green one on the right and a white one on the tail. Keeps me oriented better while LOS. Fantastic in low light, and even pretty good in daylight.

Reactions: VortexSpin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627