DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red light

KNS

Reactions
Having flown my Mavic Mini a few times now, I have noticed the red led periodically appears on the drone before going back to green. I have calibrated the IMU and even the compass a few times but it’s still happening. This is irrespective of battery charge level. So it appears I have covered all the points that relate to the cause according to DJI. It seems to do it when the drone is moving out of hover, stays on for a few seconds and then reverts back to correct flashing green.
Would anyone have any ideas, and once again any help is much appreciated.

Whilst clearly this thread is not a common issue judging by the lack of response, for anyone else in the future who had the same issue, I think I have discovered what was happening.
Where I live and have been flying is a 'grey zone' according to the DJI flying map. Today I went into a clear area and briefly flew and no red status light. Therefore it would appear it shows to warn you of any flying in a restricted area.

There does not seem to be a noted change in light activity based on the drone's location. The manual (Page 12) indicates the following for red light warning states ...
  • Blinking Slowly - Low battery
  • Blinking Quickly - Critically low battery
  • Blinking - IMU error
  • Solid - Critical error
Alternating red/yellow and blinking quickly - Compass calibration required
Alternating red/green/yellow happens during power on and self-diagnostic tests

Yep the manual mentions nothing, yet every time I flew the drone in the 'grey area' I got a red light coming on randomly during flight? Today in a clear area no red light? I think I read something on a forum about this point in connection with another type of Mavic, which was what gave me the idea.

Further to my previous post, I have found the thread from 2017 where owners were experiencing the same issue.
Red status light blinking... is it due to NFZ?

I believe you are seeing the 6 green flashes followed by the 2 red flashes. This is height restriction zone warning meaning you should not go over 400 ft in this area. So you are fine. Fly mine all the time in a warning area.

I believe you are seeing the 6 green flashes followed by the 2 red flashes. This is height restriction zone warning meaning you should not go over 400 ft in this area. So you are fine. Fly mine all the time in a warning area.
It would appear when flying in GREY zone, I get the periodic red light, which it looks as though it's a reminder that I am height restriction zone (200 ft).
Outside of the zone no issues.
I did contact DJI but they didn't have a clue!!

Yes, and many thanks for th
In the UK the DJI map has three zones - RED BLUE and GREY.

Yes, and many thanks for the response.
Not sure if it's the same in the U.S, but in the UK the DJI map has three zones - RED BLUE and GREY.
I noticed the issue when in the GREY zone which limits altitude to 200ft, outside of the zone no issues are experienced.
Pity that DJI customer service couldn't advise me, they didn't have a clue!

I have asked friends about the same problem: I think this is indeed the answer, as I am just on the edge of a 400ft flightpath NFZ for RAF Odiham

Same here. If I'm flying in a restricted zone. The red light blinks occasionally. Outside the zone it's only green.
It’s a bit strange how hard it is to find such information! Still, it keeps me occupied!

It’s a bit strange how hard it is to find such information! Still, it keeps me occupied!
The information is on page 37 of the manual - well sort of. If you are in a restricted zone and the GPS signal is weak you get the red flash every 12 seconds.
? Page 37 in my manual is about the camera and gimbal ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J