DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red waypoint pro android

Hi guys,
I've the free Red Waypoint version.
I wanted to play with limited to 5 points waypoint mode.
I can easy create a mission and start it, but the Mavic Mini is always stopping after achieving 1 defined point.
Each of my defined points has different settings like altitude, etc, could it be a reason?
Any other reason ideas?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I've the free Red Waypoint version.
I wanted to play with limited to 5 points waypoint mode.
I can easy create a mission and start it, but the Mavic Mini is always stopping after achieving 1 defined point.
Each of my defined points has different settings like altitude, etc, could it be a reason?
Any ideas how to solve it?
Just jad an update today veraion 2.9.2 it says hovering in waypoints bug was fix. Try update the free version and test again. I had a pro version. There are times it happen like that but not always...now i had an update that it was fix i will try to fly my mini again if i had a chance/time

Reactions: djborsi
Just jad an update today veraion 2.9.2 it says hovering in waypoints bug was fix. Try update the free version and test again. I had a pro version. There are times it happen like that but not always...now i had an update that it was fix i will try to fly my mini again if i had a chance/time
Thanks for the hint !
I was playing with it yesterday (exactly 24 hours ago). Now I could also update the app to 2.9.2.
I will check later if it's working.

Just tried - still not working!
This time I could achieve 2 or 3 points, but then he was hovering and hovering but mission was not completed.

According to this what I could see the problems are connected with not achieving the defined ( in points) altitude.

Jofer2020 waiting for your observations.

Just tried - still not working!
This time I could achieve 2 or 3 points, but then he was hovering and hovering but mission was not completed.

According to this what I could see the problems are connected with not achieving the defined ( in points) altitude.

Jofer2020 waiting for your observations.
What i did is make sure no other apps running on the background especially apps for the drone...mine is dji fly app...if that is running in tje background it may cause a mission failure...during statrting or switching on the rc and the drone i disconnect the phone...1st i switch on rc...then drone...i wait that rc and drone link up...then i connect my phone...and a popup will appear which app i will use...tjen i choose red waypoints...also make sure that no default app that will run for your drone...

Thanks Jofer2020, I've proceed like you described, so I made 100% sure that only Redwaypoint app is running in connection to aircraft.
One small problems occurred when I was changing the battery, I needed to restart the app to make again a mission fully working.

In general now I can confirm that the waypoint mode is working with my mavic mini.

Thanks Jofer2020, I've proceed like you described, so I made 100% sure that only Redwaypoint app is running in connection to aircraft.
One small problems occurred when I was changing the battery, I needed to restart the app to make again a mission fully working.

In general now I can confirm that the waypoint mode is working with my mavic mini.
Ya that is always i do everytime i change battery to restart everything. I did not try yet to keep the rc on when i change the drones battery. But i will try it oneday

I tried the Red Waypoint free app this morning. After getting through the learning curve, I found the app intuitive. Watching YT videos might not always help, as the "saving" mission is not under "Mission" any more but under "File". But reading the online manual helped some.
I will certainly buy the online Pro version after I can find everything I need.
How can I rotate the MM side way between waypoints? to take a side shot, I soon as I manually do it, the MM stops its mission.

I tried the Red Waypoint free app this morning. After getting through the learning curve, I found the app intuitive. Watching YT videos might not always help, as the "saving" mission is not under "Mission" any more but under "File". But reading the online manual helped some.
I will certainly buy the online Pro version after I can find everything I need.
How can I rotate the MM side way between waypoints? to take a side shot, I soon as I manually do it, the MM stops its mission.
If you touch the control it means you stop/abort the mission. To contonue you need to tap the play button again...i think you can set its heading in every waypoint or set a POI in every waypoint. Also check in a mission bar. If im not wrong you can also find which heading do you want

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
If you touch the control it means you stop/abort the mission. To contonue you need to tap the play button again...i think you can set its heading in every waypoint or set a POI in every waypoint. Also check in a mission bar. If im not wrong you can also find which heading do you want
You were right, the POI did the trick. I played with it most of the day, setting way points and gone flying many times. I have it down to perfection now, and found out I like the way this app is set up that I finally bought it, then went flying some more.

Reactions: jofer2020
You were right, the POI did the trick. I played with it most of the day, setting way points and gone flying many times. I have it down to perfection now, and found out I like the way this app is set up that I finally bought it, then went flying some more.
I believe ots a lot of fun using this app...i just dont have much time at the moment...hope we'll share our experience in this app...nice to hear from you...

I bought the PRO version because I wanted to use the Follow me option, I contacted by email the people from the app and they told me that the app does not support the Mavic Mini to do this.

I bought the PRO version because I wanted to use the Follow me option, I contacted by email the people from the app and they told me that the app does not support the Mavic Mini to do this.

It is written in the "about app" in play store

* NOTE: Orbit, FollowMe & ActiveTrack are not compatible with Mavic Mini

I think u missed it

If you want follow me mode, then I recommend Litchi in beta version. I have tested it, it works fine but not fully perfect yet.

Hey guys,
One more issue, which I've noted during last flying wih Red-Waypoint app.
>> The MM's bottom sensors have not worked.
It appeared luckily in the end, when I was landing on my hand.
I was hovering in front of me (to prepare position for landing, but still I haven't push the left stick down for landing), then I put my hand under the drone and it was not reacting at all, it was not going up as usually it was when I was flying with DJI Fly app.

Am I the only one who has experienced this bug?

Hey guys,
I was hovering in front of me (to prepare position for landing, but still I haven't push the left stick down for landing), then I put my hand under the drone and it was not reacting at all, it was not going up as usually it was when I was flying with DJI Fly app.

Not a bug, a bonus. You can turn one or both of the bottom sensors on/off. Great option.

Good manual here - redwaypoint.com/manual.html

ATTI Mode Sensors.jpg

Hey guys,

I always land my mini on hand...and everytime i put my palm under for landing it will always react...it always try to raise up incteasing its altitude...and i will just keep the control stick down so it will land...otherwise it will not land...it will climb up...

Not a bug, a bonus. You can turn one or both of the bottom sensors on/off. Great option.
OK, I agree - nice option, especially for more experienced users.
Such options should be by default set to ENABLE- to protect the aircraft and users, which can be even not aware that it's configurable...

I am still using FREE version, as I see this configuration is only possible in PRO version of the app.
Additionally:
I always land my mini on hand...and everytime i put my palm under for landing it will always react...it always try to raise up incteasing its altitude...and i will just keep the control stick down so it will land...otherwise it will not land...it will climb up...
Therefore, I think in my case happend something unwanted...

I will check it next days.
I will try to go to original DJI FLY app to see if all is up to date, if there is any calibration request, etc.

Same hand landing here. It's good to get the control of that practice. There are a few situations where it may save your butt, or your MM's butt. It did help me a lot when taking off and landing from a jet ski.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike