DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red waypoint pro android

Waypoints for the Mini are already fully supported by Dronelink: Dronelink | Automated | DJI | Parrot | 3D Flight Planning | United States. It's a stable, well-supported app with plenty of free tutorials. They have a forum with active participation by the devs who seem to respond quickly to questions.

Thank you. Yes I know about this app, Dronelink. Which is sound great, hobby price is great too! Pay one time, fly unlimit! However for commercial use is another story. I can not use one time pay. It start at $20 per month. A bit too much. I just fly to do map of my own land to sell, only 1land I have, don't know when to fly to make money again. So pay for $20 just for 1 month fly a few time not sure can make money or not, to me it not quite suitable.

Thank you EyesWideShut and DrizzyDrones for bringing this to my attention. You are right. Now I have the PRO version on both devices!
How did you get it installed on a second device. I have pro on phone and free version on tablet. I can't see how to upgrade without paying.

After a while for me is around 30min. When I check my library in play store of the other google device it show red waypoint in there just like app that you installed in this same google account on other else device, I just tap install. That it.

PS. Until now those 4-emails that I send to "[email protected]" since 12/oct/2020 never reply yet. Can't help to think I may have to look for alternate app in case I face the more issue. Dronelink mapper plan is sound interesting. I pay one time $20 only and can do commercial also have support. Will try soon...

Last edited:
I just I stalled it and haveing problems getting it to work. So far I had it flying once.
Can't connect. I noticed never got any warnings , I live in A blue area and always mhave to deal with it in dji air.

I was having problems with way point getting it to take off. Then yesterday my LG phone updated to Android 10 and now it seems to be fine.
Also I can't find out what the pro version does not support in the mm.

Hi again guys,
I am playing constantly with RedWaypoint app.

I am using it to record progress of my house build, so I have created 4-5 waypoint mission.
I am very often angry, because the MM is not able to complete the mission from 1st to the last waypoint.

The problem is that it is not keeping, or not achieving the given altitude.
For example I have all points set on 17m altitude, but I see the MM is going over 18m and because of this it is hovering in the next waypoint, because it is waiting to achieve the set altitude (17m), but it is not happening...

Currently after such situation I am restarting the MM and RC and app.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes not, so I have no clue what is a root cause.
Anyone has an idea?

I already send email to ther service so far since 12 oct 2020. No any respond yet. It seem like once buy you are on your own. Unfortunately. However I've try last time by tap the map to change home point further a bit, also with fly drone further from those waypoint a bit 5m for example and tap play again. I work. You can try.

However I do recommend also try dronelink mapper plan it is $20 pay one time. I maybe better.

I have discovered so many glitches in that software, many due to altitudes. I also have tried to get in touch with them, but nothing. I suspect the reason why we are not hearing from them is that they know about the many issues and they don't want to deal with them. For just basic way points and POI, that app is fine, but for more advance settings, there are many issues that needs to be resolved.

I have discovered so many glitches in that software, many due to altitudes. I also have tried to get in touch with them, but nothing. I suspect the reason why we are not hearing from them is that they know about the many issues and they don't want to deal with them. For just basic way points and POI, that app is fine, but for more advance settings, there are many issues that needs to be resolved.
I think so unfortunately. Anyway Dronelink offer affordable plane.. so far. Maybe that is good alternative. Hope there will be more competitor.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
I have a few ?'s on the app. If the drone loosed connection with the controller will it Return to home? or to the 1st waypoint? 2nd can you control the camera settings

Yes drone can return home. But you have to check your setting before fly to make sure what drone do when 1. Lose signal 2. When finish mission waypoint. I have try turn off transmitter to test it work ,drone go home. I test 2-3 time already. Just make sure you set home where it should be and setting what to do when signal lost. Even I test force close app and then use dji fly to fly drone during flight no problem. Also anytime you can use stick to override the control of drone during mission it will immediately cancel mission which is great feature say when waypoint is suddenly you see there is obstacle then use stick to manual avoid and then re adjust waypoint and restart. Also you can control camera position, setting those option you have to buy pro so to get that.

Pity!... it should be great app if they choose to do, fix bug, good respond to user problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Hi, my name is David Calero one of the SW developers that created Red Waypoint.
Red Waypoint was developed in 2018, the reason was that waypoints where not possible at that time with DJI Spark so the developer made an APP implementing VirtualStick commands to run the autopilot inside the Android Device. Red Waypoint has been tested with lots of different drones and has been adding new features time to time such as Orbit Missions, Tracking Missions, GPS follow Me missions even including automatic AI object detection. Now it has been updated to SDK 4.13 just adding Mavic Mini as another compatible drone to the list. More info at redwaypoint.com

It seems the User Manual has not been updated "* Note: Mavic Mini is not compatible with all features of RedWaypoint. It does not support Orbit Missions, Follow Me Missions and Active Track Missions. " Are these features available now? I just bought the Pro for these features not found in other apps for mini. Thanks

Red Waypoint was developed in 2018, the reason was that waypoints where not possible at that time with DJI Spark so the developer made an APP implementing VirtualStick commands to run the autopilot inside the Android Device. Red Waypoint has been tested with lots of different drones and has been adding new features time to time such as Orbit Missions, Tracking Missions, GPS follow Me missions even including automatic AI object detection. Now it has been updated to SDK 4.13 just adding Mavic Mini as another compatible drone to the list. More info at redwaypoint.com
Does it work with the Mavic Air 2 also?

Tried last month... I was disappointed the altitude between two identical height waypoints was followed as a jagged line up and down.... I understand the free version doesn't have the progressive height the full version does but if this is the case I am not confident to even buy the Pro. Needless to say I won't buy. Dev suggested to give it another try to the free (which should handle correctly this time) but I have yet to try.

I have Pro version, many features are not compatible with Mavic Mini. I wrote more than 4 times to the support but no answer.

Doesn't work:
- Mantain terrain distance
- Cinematica
- In automatic mode when I create a vertical grid it doesn't work anymore (it's very useful to take frontal pics of building).

There are many missing features.....

Hi David, why have you stopped the Pro version? I had bought it and it disappeared from my phone, and I can't find it on the playstore anymore, any other way of getting it? thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000