DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red waypoint pro android

I tried the free version of RedWaypoints, and it really only allows 4 waypoints (when you try to enter the 5th it says Error, only 5 allowed :p), but worse, it doesn't let you do anything except point the camera toward the next point, so I wasn't able to test its point-of-interest tracking. I don't want to pay $14.99 to test it, so I just uninstalled it.

Hi, my name is David Calero one of the SW developers that created Red Waypoint.
Red Waypoint was developed in 2018, the reason was that waypoints where not possible at that time with DJI Spark so the developer made an APP implementing VirtualStick commands to run the autopilot inside the Android Device. Red Waypoint has been tested with lots of different drones and has been adding new features time to time such as Orbit Missions, Tracking Missions, GPS follow Me missions even including automatic AI object detection. Now it has been updated to SDK 4.13 just adding Mavic Mini as another compatible drone to the list. More info at redwaypoint.com

Hi, my name is David Calero one of the SW developers that created Red Waypoint.
Red Waypoint was developed in 2018, the reason was that waypoints where not possible at that time with DJI Spark so the developer made an APP implementing VirtualStick commands to run the autopilot inside the Android Device. Red Waypoint has been tested with lots of different drones and has been adding new features time to time such as Orbit Missions, Tracking Missions, GPS follow Me missions even including automatic AI object detection. Now it has been updated to SDK 4.13 just adding Mavic Mini as another compatible drone to the list. More info at redwaypoint.com
Does it allow the mini to follow? And object advoidance via detection through app is interesting mabye not 100% dependable but i can see it being possible via virtual stick... please post what the mini is capable of with the app .. too bad even the “free” u still have to purchase the features.. apps should offer a small full feature 3-7 day trial I think if an app does what it says and is supposed to giving a full feature trial will only increase sales.

Red Waypoint is compatible with Mavic Mini. The Only options not supported by Mavic Mini are :
- Orbit Missions
- Follow Me Missions
- Active Track Missions.
We will evaluate the option of a trial version of the APP

Reactions: pescobar61
Red Waypoint is compatible with Mavic Mini. The Only options not supported by Mavic Mini are :
- Orbit Missions
- Follow Me Missions
- Active Track Missions.
We will evaluate the option of a trial version of the APP
Could you put your apks on your website for download. Some of us don't use the play store.

PS: your name seems really familiar, have you done other projects?

Could you put your apks on your website for download. Some of us don't use the play store.

PS: your name seems really familiar, have you done other projects?
You can find the Free version of the APP in APK in other webpages such as :

The Pro APK can not be distributed in other ways rather than Google Play.

But you cant do anything with the app it
Cost 15$ to get up tp 5 waypoints just as well to buy the pro .. trial should be looked into because I would buy it if I could test it

But you cant do anything with the app it
Cost 15$ to get up tp 5 waypoints just as well to buy the pro .. trial should be looked into because I would buy it if I could test it
Free version includes a maximum number of 5 Waypoints in order to test or to make mini Waypoint Missions, there is no need to buy anything. 5 Waypoints include Waypoints and Points Of Interests. If you want to make bigger and complex Missions then you have to upgrade by purchasing the Pro Version once.

David, I wonder if you tried to make a call to the Boomerang Mode function and check if this Mode is implemented on the lastest MMini firmware, like you Know this quick shot Mode is available for the rest of Mavic series but not for Mini, I think that it would be a good implementation according as DJFLY MMini doesnt support it

Greets

David, I wonder if you tried to make a call to the Boomerang Mode function and check if this Mode is implemented on the lastest MMini firmware, like you Know this quick shot Mode is available for the rest of Mavic series but not for Mini, I think that it would be a good implementation according as DJFLY MMini doesnt support it

Greets
This week we will be testing all the capabilities of the Mavic Mini, I will keep you update about Boomerang Mode

I tried the free version of RedWaypoints, and it really only allows 4 waypoints (when you try to enter the 5th it says Error, only 5 allowed :p), but worse, it doesn't let you do anything except point the camera toward the next point, so I wasn't able to test its point-of-interest tracking. I don't want to pay $14.99 to test it, so I just uninstalled it.
Hi RogerDH. The free version has a total of 5 Waypoints, which include Waypoints and Points of interest. You can check the user manual for setting and flying a RedWaypoint Mission. There are several heading and gimbal modes options not only pointing towards next point. For example, you can use the Remote Controller, select POIs and even set customized angles to point the camera wherever you want. RedWaypointPro has more than 2 years of madurity, with several DJI aircraft tested, from the little ones such as DJI SPark to big ones such as Inspire and Matrice 210RTK and with more than 20.000 users using the free version and with more than 500 active users using the Pro version.

I tested Red Waypoint this morning on the Mini, and it does work. I had one problem but it may have been a bad edit: I ran once at the default 3 MPH which was okay, but when I tried to edit and rerun at 10 MPH, it got stuck at the second waypoint. It got too windy to continue testing, but I will soon. The point-of-interest tracking is fairly smooth at slow speeds and about comparable to Dronelink, I'd say. It is, however, much more limited in what you can do. The free version gives you 5 waypoints and limits what you can do even more, but if you haven't yet bought an app, I'd say it's worth downloading Red Waypoint to play with, since it's much better than no waypoint missions.

just test this morning 9 aug 2020 the free version...it was great...so smooth...after my test on free version i immediately buy the pro version and test it...again...it was so nice...i only test its waypoint and POI...it was going smoothly perfect on my mavic mini...

Reactions: David Calero
just test this morning 9 aug 2020 the free version...it was great...so smooth...after my test on free version i immediately buy the pro version and test it...again...it was so nice...i only test its waypoint and POI...it was going smoothly perfect on my mavic mini...

It would be great if u share a video of your test to see the smoothness

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21