DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Register your RPA!

RobertD

Reactions
Thailand's CAAT published a new poster (in English) concerning Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA). Two major points covered: RPA with camera must be registered with no exceptions and RPA over 2KG must be registered with no exceptions. "Any act of violation is subjected to up to 1 year imprisonment or fine up to 40,000 (~$1,143) THB or both."

Do they realize many 1000's of toy quads with camera are imported into Thailand? Anyone can pay $20 for a toy quad with a camera. Who is going to register (pay) to register a toy?

The CAAT doesn't discuss or list information anywhere on registration. Three inquiries to CAAT went unanswered. Lots of chatter on some EXPAT forums but not actual information. I did hear that anyone wishing to register an RPA over 2KG needs a business license or work-permit.

I anticipate problems upon arrival at the international airports soon. You can't hide a RPA (from security) and when they spot it, they will ask for registration documents that obviously someone arriving from another country will not have. They will threaten to confiscate the RPA unless you pay a "registration" fee. This happens all the time.

Maybe people in the government need to think things through before implementing unenforceable regulations and printing posters?

I've asked my Thai friends to make inquiries how we can comply with the law and register our Mavic RPA. More information to follow, I hope.

Attachments

• Infographic-RPA-regulation-eng.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
How much is the registration fee? It's only 5 bucks in the United States so that isn't bad at all.

Five Dollars would be great, but they haven't posted the registration requirements anywhere. One forum member [in Thailand] ordered a Mavic from the US and had all sorts of challenges receiving it. Customs duties, Import Permits, prohibitions on batteries and CAAT registration to name a few. I waited until it was at a dealer, avoiding any issues. Maybe the Thai government will announce the cost and procedures soon. I doubt registration be offered online and suspect it will involve paper and rubber stamps of approval.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic