DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration of my Mavic Pro.

grgguy

Reactions
I own a 2 Mavic Pro's and a Phantom 3 Standard. I used to own a Blade Chroma for which I registered back when they initially told us we needed to do so back in 2016. Now I've gone on the FAA website and my Registration number is still valid till December of 2020. Is that the FAxxxxxxx number I place on my current drones or do I need to register each of them separately ? Do I need to pay for a new FA# for each drone independently of each other or is the one number I have good for all 3 ? As I said I've been on the website and it just takes me in circles from my acct. dashboard to a special rules page for modelers then back again. It says I'm to pick my drone(s) from a list yet I can't find that page. Am I doing something wrong or is a FAA number that I have valid for all three drones that I currently operate ? And do I need to register them separately...meaning does the FAA want to know exactly what I'm flying. When I buy a new drone ( I see a Mavic pro 2 in my future) can I just label it with my current # or do I need to notify the FAA of my new purchase and again pay to register it....

They should include this in the cost of purchasing these drones. Were they are sold they should have somebody to register them there as part of the purchasing process. Or when you buy them online you should have to fill out forms online. Then that way it is all done. We would only have to worry about labeling the drone once it is physically in your hands. sound like when buying a gun and or a car they take care of all that paperwork for you when you buy it. I'm not saying you should be a waiting period. Don't get me wrong guys. Put the responsibility of the paperwork on the retailers/ corporations as they are the ones who ultimately put these registration requirements in our laps to begin with. (That's just my 2¢).

In the Mavic family of drones, the FAA registration is for the pilot, not the drone, and you need to have your registration number visible on the drone. I understand the rules are different if you are 107 certified.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Mossiback is correct. For "recreational" drone pilots, the registration number applies to you the pilot and the same number covers all the recreational drones you own and fly. There is no need to apply for a new registration number for a new drone, you just use the one you already have as long as it's not expired.

For part 107 ("commercial" drone operations), each drone needs its own unique registration number.

I own a 2 Mavic Pro's and a Phantom 3 Standard. I used to own a Blade Chroma for which I registered back when they initially told us we needed to do so back in 2016. Now I've gone on the FAA website and my Registration number is still valid till December of 2020. Is that the FAxxxxxxx number I place on my current drones or do I need to register each of them separately ? Do I need to pay for a new FA# for each drone independently of each other or is the one number I have good for all 3 ? As I said I've been on the website and it just takes me in circles from my acct. dashboard to a special rules page for modelers then back again. It says I'm to pick my drone(s) from a list yet I can't find that page. Am I doing something wrong or is a FAA number that I have valid for all three drones that I currently operate ? And do I need to register them separately...meaning does the FAA want to know exactly what I'm flying. When I buy a new drone ( I see a Mavic pro 2 in my future) can I just label it with my current # or do I need to notify the FAA of my new purchase and again pay to register it....

They should include this in the cost of purchasing these drones. Were they are sold they should have somebody to register them there as part of the purchasing process. Or when you buy them online you should have to fill out forms online. Then that way it is all done. We would only have to worry about labeling the drone once it is physically in your hands. sound like when buying a gun and or a car they take care of all that paperwork for you when you buy it. I'm not saying you should be a waiting period. Don't get me wrong guys. Put the responsibility of the paperwork on the retailers/ corporations as they are the ones who ultimately put these registration requirements in our laps to begin with. (That's just my 2¢).
Sorry Grgguy, I have to disagree with last paragraph.
I understand it's a pain in the neck but moving forward, for new consumers purchasing drones it's very important that they begin to interact with the FAA and airspace regulations to have an understanding of these aren't just toys.
The federal requirement to register compels them to get involved and understand the bigger ramifications a flying uas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580