DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regular or low noise props?

phantomi

Reactions
Hi. For those of you that has tested platinum props in the regular MP, did you prefer the low noise over the regulars? I has to buy an additional set of props and i'm not sure about try the platinums.

IMO the regular MP props seem a bit sturdier. I should also not that I have never replaced my props since October 2016. The only reason that I bough the low noise was because I wanted to spend money ;)

IMO the regular MP props seem a bit sturdier. I should also not that I have never replaced my props since October 2016. The only reason that I bough the low noise was because I wanted to spend money ;)
Hi. My regular props are in good shape and also has another pair, so maybe I too want to spend some money. After all 20 bucks will not brake the bank, and trying the new props justify it. Thanks.

My experience was that the new props were a bit quieter. Not by much, however. Moreover, I didn't find the mavic pro's original props to be 'loud' to begin with. I also found the new low noise props to be a bit flimsy and the mavic pro a bit less stable in flight when using them. I have since put the original props back on my mavic pro as I prefer them over the new and improved low noise ones.

I like the low noise props however they did cause my camera to have some gimbal shake warnings at initial hover but it does go away into the flight.

To me they are noticeably quieter and shave off about 90 RPM compared to stock props due to their shape.

I use both but use stock more.

Saturday we did some comparison with a MPP and a MP, to be honest I didn’t notice that it was lower.... sound is different for sure but really lower ? Not sure

I found the 8331 low noise props to be a bit quieter. If I could only choose one, I'd take the 8330 props since the edges of the props aren't as fragile. The small difference in noise doesn't matter to me and my Mavic Pro seems to perform the same when using either of these props.

I’ve been running the standard props since I got my mav on release,
And they’re still perfect,
As above I only upgraded to a set of low noise as I couldn’t resist and just had to have them to try out,
They’re noticeably thinner and really flexible on the tips like paper,
Had one flight with them since getting last week due to poor weather,
Seems to hold fine I didn’t go too far,
As for noise difference I’ll have to give it more flights to see
They do look pretty though

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Got gimbal shake errors with low noise props ordered direct from dji, put old ones back on no more errors

Ive heard this before. Could be the change in torque/pitch of the new props compared to the old ones.
In another thread about them, they believed that the pivot points were too tight, not allowing the props to extend straight out while spinning.

I am happy with mine since they are a little "quieter." If they allow for less RPM as reported, that is another plus. My 8330s are my backups.

Again, this is neither here nor there, but I would like DJI to release rigid props for the Mavic line since the folding design is for the folding design of the bird. (I never leave mine on when folded.) I'm hoping a rigid set of blades could perform even better since positioning depends on the motors' constant speed changes.

Yea too bad i was always on latest fw. I even tried it again on 4.200

My experience was that the new props were a bit quieter. Not by much, however. Moreover, I didn't find the mavic pro's original props to be 'loud' to begin with. I also found the new low noise props to be a bit flimsy and the mavic pro a bit less stable in flight when using them. I have since put the original props back on my mavic pro as I prefer them over the new and improved low noise ones.
I never noticed this before with the new props until recently. My mavic sounds like its constantly making more minor adjustments with the motors with the new props installed. It doesn't sound smooth when its flying. I put the old props back on and noticed that it sounds a lot smoother.

I’ve got both the new blades and the original ones. I think the newer ones are a little quieter but they’ve got a lower pitch sound. It’s like comparing a V8 with one of those screaming 4 cylinders. Both engines might have the same decibel output, but the V8 sounds better because of its deeper note.

I have a Mavic Pro and tested both the original and the quiet ones. The quiet ones run at around 600 rpm while hovering indoors, while the original ones run at 660 rpm. This must have an effect on the battery usage and I believe it is the main trick for the Platinum version longer flight time. They are thinner than the original ones, so you have to be more careful. The noise is also lower, I can certainly notice the difference.

Reactions: ftttu
I've recently put the low noise props back on (authentic DJI ones) but had to go back to standard as i was getting gimbal shake errors once hovering that took several restarts to clear. My first flight out with the low noise props back on also ended with me spotting a hairline stress crack on the top plate above the front right arm (probably just a coincidence admittedly). I'm on the latest firmware etc.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_