DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rejected Upon Submission (Airmap and LAANC)

Norb_DAIS

Reactions
I'm trying to plan a flight in Airmap using the LAANC. The app says automated authorization available, but when I fill out the info and submit, I get a "Rejected Upon Submission" message and the detail reads, "Do not fly in Class D controlled airspace without ATC authorization."

Which is what I was trying to do. Has anyone ever had the same experience? I tried to resubmit a new flight plan but got the same thing.

The area in question is at Runnymede and University Ave in Palo Alto CA. Ceiling according to Airmap is 200'. Screenshot_20190612-144004_AirMap.jpeg

I checked for TFRs and NOTAMs, but found nothing.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I was able to find areas within the realm of Palo Alto Airport that will allow flights. Are there any sporting events nearby?

Not that I'm aware of. My planned flight time is mid-morning on Friday. Palo Alto Airport is close, but that's why I believe they list the ceiling at 200'.

I'm thinking this is a bug.

Keep in mind that an area/altitude that should be approved can be denied for unforeseen circumstances. There could be something "pending" in/near the area that would make the proposed flight unsafe.

You might call your FSDO and get their input on it.

I'm trying to plan a flight in Airmap using the LAANC. The app says automated authorization available, but when I fill out the info and submit, I get a "Rejected Upon Submission" message and the detail reads, "Do not fly in Class D controlled airspace without ATC authorization."

Which is what I was trying to do. Has anyone ever had the same experience? I tried to resubmit a new flight plan but got the same thing.

The area in question is at Runnymede and University Ave in Palo Alto CA. Ceiling according to Airmap is 200'. View attachment 75388
It’s a bug in AirMap try kittyhawk

Reactions: Wailuku
Airmap is problematic. I had a similar issue, and switched to Kittyhawk as suggested to me. Problem was eliminated

Reactions: Norb_DAIS
I've found that I've occasionally inadvertently set the flight altitude at, say, 310 feet when the ceiling is 300, or I've expanded the flight area over into the next quadrant where the ceiling is 200'. Both have gotten me rejected (as has setting the flight duration at an hour as I usually do to be safe when the hour has extended into night). Easy enough to fix if that's your issue.

For those who suggest using Kittyhawk, I downloaded the app for my Android device, but can't see how I can request LAANC authorization. Am I missing something?

For those who suggest using Kittyhawk, I downloaded the app for my Android device, but can't see how I can request LAANC authorization. Am I missing something?
Android version is not yet ready to support for LAANC. Expect it to work somewhere in the summer. If you need it for commercial work, use an IOS device.

Android version is not yet ready to support for LAANC. Expect it to work somewhere in the summer. If you need it for commercial work, use an IOS device.

Thanks for that info. I downloaded KittyHawk on my Samsung device...and also my PC and couldn't find out where to submit the authorization request. I set up a mission, but couldn't get to the authorization area. It seemed easy enough after watching their YouTube video.

-N

I've found that I've occasionally inadvertently set the flight altitude at, say, 310 feet when the ceiling is 300, or I've expanded the flight area over into the next quadrant where the ceiling is 200'. Both have gotten me rejected (as has setting the flight duration at an hour as I usually do to be safe when the hour has extended into night). Easy enough to fix if that's your issue.

I made sure my altitude was lower than the posted ceiling -- e.g. 175' in a 200' area.

There may be a free form field where you explain why you'll conduct your flight in a safe manner. If that field is blank it will auto reject. I only say this on one request that was in Class C so I don't know if it appears all the time or not.

There may be a free form field where you explain why you'll conduct your flight in a safe manner. If that field is blank it will auto reject. I only say this on one request that was in Class C so I don't know if it appears all the time or not.

That field was on the form and I filled it in to the best of my knowledge. The response was instantaneous so I'm almost certain no one was able to read it and make the decision to reject on that answer.

That field was on the form and I filled it in to the best of my knowledge. The response was instantaneous so I'm almost certain no one was able to read it and make the decision to reject on that answer.
It’s a bug. It has something to do with airspace that is part time one class of airspace and part time another airspace.

Yah that’s a cover your *** field and I agree they don’t read it unless an accident investigation happens after the fact.
Either your altitude was too high for the location OR the radius of your plan was infringing on the border of another grid with tighter restrictions? I had this happen to me.

It’s a bug. It has something to do with airspace that is part time one class of airspace and part time another airspace.

I'm not having any luck with KittyHawk either. I postponed the job, until I get this figured out. I wasn't too enthusiastic about flying in that particular neighborhood anyway.

If I'm correct, and I think I am, the LAANC system itself was down sometime in the last 72 hours. I had major issues setting up flights via Airmap (though I bet it was the same in KittyHawk) over about an eight hour period on Thursday. Then I realized even if I exactly replicated missions I had gotten approved before, they were all coming back with Rejected Upon Submission. And the messages varied between 'too close to flight' to 'manual authorization only'. **I put in a flight tonight and it flew right through - almost immediate automated approval text before I could switch over to look.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe