DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliability

Dracarys

Reactions
I crashed my Mini 2 today, I am shipping it to DJI for repair, my question is: will it be reliable again or it will never be the same ?

F25433E3-286E-4662-86B1-5860ABCD5F56.jpeg

I hope so, have just sent a phantom back to them for repair.
Regards

Attachments

• B4FE1928-EC17-4717-8489-31EBDF9FF3F3.jpeg
    B4FE1928-EC17-4717-8489-31EBDF9FF3F3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dracarys
Like I said in the other thread, when you ship an item in to DJI, I'm pretty sure they send you either a brand new unit, or a refurbished one.

If you replace a broken part with a new part, it is essentially made whole again. The major differences you'll experience is the repair techs aren't using the production torque screwdrivers, so all of the incidental things the techs touch along the way will no longer be 100% factory; case screws, board mounts, etc.; but close enough you'll probably never notice. Same goes for a refurb. Not quite the same as factory, but pretty close. Weight and balance will be the same, and the important factors like motor bearings and mounts are unchanged, so there won't be any significant performance changes, either.

Same goes for folk working on cars. At the factory, most every screw or bolt in your car is installed using a torque tool. Now watch the guys in a dealer shop and see how often they use a torque screwdriver or torque wrench.

If you replace a broken part with a new part, it is essentially made whole again. The major differences you'll experience is the repair techs aren't using the production torque screwdrivers, so all of the incidental things the techs touch along the way will no longer be 100% factory; case screws, board mounts, etc.; but close enough you'll probably never notice. Same goes for a refurb. Not quite the same as factory, but pretty close. Weight and balance will be the same, and the important factors like motor bearings and mounts are unchanged, so there won't be any significant performance changes, either.

Same goes for folk working on cars. At the factory, most every screw or bolt in your car is installed using a torque tool. Now watch the guys in a dealer shop and see how often they use a torque screwdriver or torque wrench.

Thanks

I crashed my Mini 2 today, I am shipping it to DJI for repair, my question is: will it be reliable again or it will never be the same ?

View attachment 136516
I have had four returns to DJI...all successful.

1. Crashed Mavic Air (red) 1. Received a new drone and sold it to buy my Mavic 2 Pro
2. Questionable software problem (wobbly hyper lapses)- received a new or refurbished one that was like new and have enjoyed using up to this day
3. Returned OM4 for lack of communicating with my phone-received a new One
4. Returned new OM4- getting a new one in today's UPS delivery!

All were covered by Refresh care. Not a dime spent.

I really rely on DJI to make good on your problem.

Dale

I have had four returns to DJI...all successful.

1. Crashed Mavic Air (red) 1. Received a new drone and sold it to buy my Mavic 2 Pro
2. Questionable software problem (wobbly hyper lapses)- received a new or refurbished one that was like new and have enjoyed using up to this day
3. Returned OM4 for lack of communicating with my phone-received a new One
4. Returned new OM4- getting a new one in today's UPS delivery!

All were covered by Refresh care. Not a dime spent.

I really rely on DJI to make good on your problem.

Dale

Sent mine to dji this morning, can’t wait to get it back.
How fresh care works?

Sent mine to dji this morning, can’t wait to get it back.
How fresh care works?
You purchase Care Fresh program from DJI, preferably at the same time as the item you are purchasing. If you try to do it after 48 hours (with a drone) they will make you prove air worthiness by putting through hoops (testing, etc). I had my OM4 (Gimbal) repaired twice with Care Fresh, and both drone repairs were done under Care Fresh.

You purchase Care Fresh program from DJI, preferably at the same time as the item you are purchasing. If you try to do it after 48 hours (with a drone) they will make you prove air worthiness by putting through hoops (testing, etc). I had my OM4 (Gimbal) repaired twice with Care Fresh, and both drone repairs were done under Care Fresh.

Thanks, I thought was not going to crash the drone any time soon so I didn’t get it, lesson learned. 😉

Thanks, I thought was not going to crash the drone any time soon so I didn’t get it, lesson learned. 😉
Do you say that about auto insurance too?

I am a retired ophthalmologist. For at least 38 years I earned my living walking into an operating room and operating on eyes. Every time I stepped into the OR I thought to myself, "do your best to avoid any complications."

Sadly, as the saying goes in all surgical professions, "IF YOU DONT WANT ANY COMPLICATIONS DON'T DO ANY SURGERY." I learned the hard way, and of course we all carry insurance for this.

So if you don't want to crash, don't fly a drone. Stuff happens. Buy the darn policy. Now you will have to go through all of that testing and record it to prove to DJI that your drone is air worthy before they will sell you Care Refresh.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev