DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reliability

RobotBee

Reactions
I know it's early days, but I was wondering how many people have already had problems with their Air 2?

I've got an Air 1 and love it when it works, but I'm on my 5th unit in 15 months, and it's just developed a fault. 1 unit I've crashed, so that's my fault, but 4 have been faulty, as well as 2 controllers.

So 4 faulty drones and 2 faulty controllers in 15 months.

I'd consider upgrading to the Air 2 just for the improved reliability....

• Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I've had an MA1 for nearly 2 years and the only issue(I know there's no consensus on this one) is the frequent magnetic recalibration issue. Never had a crash or run away or gimbal issue. While I don't like the controller on the MA1 much it's never had an issue.

So far loving the MA2, but as stated far to early to know if there are a lot of quality issue.

I still have and fly a P3P. No issues. No crashes. I hope I have the same luck with the air2

MA1 has been flying flawlessly for over 2 years one many flights in both US and Europe.

Sounds like I've been REALLY unlucky with my Air 1 then....

Your failure rate is excessive to me. That’s not anything against you. You didn’t elaborate on what the “faults” are. Same issue repeatedly? Random different problems? Has DJI looked at the flight logs? There has to be a reason for such persistent failures.

Your failure rate is excessive to me. That’s not anything against you. You didn’t elaborate on what the “faults” are. Same issue repeatedly? Random different problems? Has DJI looked at the flight logs? There has to be a reason for such persistent failures.

First drone - camera fogged up
Second drone - horrible noise from cooling fan (was a refurb - don't know about its past history)
Third drone - kept trying to fly itself into the ground (although this was more likely a controller issue, drone still did it after replacing the controller. Now it's looking like I was unlucky enough to get two controllers with the same fault in a row). Drone was replaced in attempt to fix the problem
Fourth drone - persistent gimbal motor overloaded error, for no apparent reason

So I guess you could say 3 faulty drones and 2 faulty controllers....

Second drone - horrible noise from cooling fan (was a refurb - don't know about its past history)
Third drone - kept trying to fly itself into the ground (although this was more likely a controller issue, drone still did it after replacing the controller. Now it's looking like I was unlucky enough to get two controllers with the same fault in a row). Drone was replaced in attempt to fix the problem

I would move on to something else. You’re more patient than I. That is unbelievably bad luck.

Wow, yeah I would have abandoned DJI and if that luck kept up I'd give up drones. Here' hoping you have much better luck with the air 2. I've done over a half dozen flights now and am really loving it.

First time DJI owner with the MA2 and I get a processor overheating on my third flight and it auto landed shy of the home position and clipped some phone pole wires and cracked a few props. Why don’t they let you control pitch and roll in such cases. Overheating Seems specific to shooting 4K60. Was flying at lower frame rates without a problem. I really hope after having to wait for the slow *** ground delivery DJI ponied up for that I get a replacement that actually works and arrives before next month.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688