DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control connection error

Mavic to RC or RC to phone/tablet?

today i took it out. i connected and did my pre flight as i usually do. I was able to view on my phone but out of nowhere i get this connection error. to the point it just froze up. I was unable to control the unit. good thing it was at head height and i could reach it and hold till the propellers stopped.

i let the unit rest. packed it up and went back to work. About an hour later i again tried but was unable to connect still. i was however able to still fly the unit but it was just free flight. could not control the video or view.

In the app store it says there is an update for go4 so i updated but it still has not made it work. VERY FRUSTRATING. I have no idea what to do now. And i have a flight tomorrow i was planning all week to do. but cant....

RC to phone problems are either a cable issue or an incompatible phone. The confusing part is you can still control it with the RC if the phone doesn't work. What phone are you using?

Hi @Mossiback.
Exact same issue here. I'm using a OnePlus 6 and the phone is not able to connect to RC.
As you can see i'm stuck at the following step : [Link with the aircraft] is greyed out
Is the OnePlus 6 is inconciliable with Dji Go ?

095352pvqibvnqv2znq00v.jpg

My apologies, @E_r_i_c , I do not fly an Air an am not familiar with the linking routine.

I fly a mavic pro and my phone connects to rc but not to aircraft. I am however stuck at the same point on connection set up. Can't progress past phase 3.

I had the same problem “ remote control connection error” with my android device, multiple types of problems for over a year. As soon as I got an iPad, no problems. Android gave me all sorts of problems. Updates wouldn’t stick, disconnecting during flights on a regular basis, etc. I purchased the googles which saved me a lot because when the app would fail I could still see. My iPad has eliminated all problems for now

I didn’t solve the actual problem with android, I just went around it. There isn’t a solution for the problems with android. DJI products work better overall with apple products. I, personally like android better than apple, but if they work better when flying my drones I’m all about it.

Chances are you can buy a refurbished Iphone or a mini 4 and then your display Grief will be gone

Try taking the data connection cable off the side port of the RC controller, and instead use the USB charging cable that came with your phone, and connect that from the USB-A socket in the base of the controller, to your mobile device. Note that you MUST remove the short data cable from the side port completely for this to work.
We often see this in the Forum, and it is often due to a cable fault ...

Try taking the data connection cable off the side port of the RC controller, and instead use the USB charging cable that came with your phone, and connect that from the USB-A socket in the base of the controller, to your mobile device. Note that you MUST remove the short data cable from the side port completely for this to work.

I haven’t tried that, but I will. The phone is more convenient than the tablet but having an LTE 9.7” tablet changes a lot for me while flying. I’m sold!

Ok tried it no issues on first flight. Maybe too early

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Second & third fligh still ok no issues
Yes - you'll find that there's a load of Mavic Pilots that throw the short DJI USB cable into the depths of the workshop drawer and use a more rubust cable from the USB-A port. No prob's after doing that! This is the way I fly mine ...
IMG_20181124_095144.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead