DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote control connection error

I tried everyone of those solutions with the exception of buying an apple anything. I have used my drone with first my galaxy and a G5 phone never a problem. I've tried both cord set ups (also both worked in the past) still it will not connect. Is there something internally that I could have missed. Extremely frustrated and have been missing some of the best fly days for over month now. Help a brother out with something beyond plugging in a different plug port?

I tried everyone of those solutions with the exception of buying an apple anything. I have used my drone with first my galaxy and a G5 phone never a problem. I've tried both cord set ups (also both worked in the past) still it will not connect. Is there something internally that I could have missed. Extremely frustrated and have been missing some of the best fly days for over month now. Help a brother out with something beyond plugging in a different plug port?
  1. What phone/tablet are you trying to use and what OS version is it using?
  2. Does the RC connect to the MP? Using just the RC, can you start the motors and receive telemetry on the RC?
  3. Which Go 4 version?
  4. What firmware version?

Stupid questions first - Have you checked that the RC-WiFi switch is to the RC side???

Reactions: Gazmg
My set up here, but i have it just dedicated Android all stripped of apps etc etc its just for the DJI...

Attachments

• Contoller.jpg
    Contoller.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 19
My update here is that I switched form phone to tablet using the USB cord port. Worked great for about 3 flights then it started doing it again. Go through the whole setup process I get the blue Go Fly signal and write when I get ready to take off "RC disconnected" followed by "need you permission to YES allow location access -or- NO don't allow access" comes up about every 30 seconds I click yes and it says go fly try to take off message again and disconnected. I have missed so many opportunities and been embarrassed trying to show someone the wonderful world of drone just to not connect and fill the area with extremely foul language and frustration. My drone used to fire up anywhere fly anytime I wanted to fly now it is a gamble and only works 40% of the time and I have had no offerings of a solution and am clueless as to why it does this. I have tried every suggestion given to me everything short of black magic. I need help.

My update here is that I switched form phone to tablet using the USB cord port. Worked great for about 3 flights then it started doing it again. ...
You may need to downgrade Go 4 to a version that works with your tablet. Do you fly with your tablet in airplane mode? Where are you trying to fly at?

I have not tried flying in airplane mode yet but I will and see of that helps. Either way that you for your suggestion.
Happy Flying .

Reactions: Gazmg
Try taking the data connection cable off the side port of the RC controller, and instead use the USB charging cable that came with your phone, and connect that from the USB-A socket in the base of the controller, to your mobile device. Note that you MUST remove the short data cable from the side port completely for this to work.
We often see this in the Forum, and it is often due to a cable fault ...
Failed for me using my Note 8. Only had one successgul flight using the charging cable. The whole thing is hit and miss...
I have been borring the wife's iPhone and that appears better.
If it keeps up I will get a cheap refurbished iPhone just to control the Mavic...

Recent Go4 versions are more resource hungry than earlier versions causing problems for the tablet or phone and it locking up.
Have you got sufficient free memory?
Have you installed extra apps since you installed Go4?
Does Go4 auto update? Turn that off.
You could try using an older version of Go4.
As has been said before, change the cable for a good quality USB A to whatever fits your device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee