DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller not charging

AgSafetyMan

Reactions
I haven't used my Mavic in a week or two. When I opened the case I knew the batteries would have started to discharge since it has been >10 days, so I decided to charge everything before I went out. The 3 batteries were charged fine, but I noticed that the remote did not show charging while plugged in and remained at 80%. I have changed charging cords, chargers and have tried using the DJI Assist app online to access the remote, no joy.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: mikeharmon18
I had a similar problem using different charging cords and ultimately the only one that would work was from my Samsung Galaxy 7. My guess is subtle differences in the cords resistance that matches DJI specs. I wont buy anymore cheap *** off brand cords anymore.

Good luck.

If it will be normal for you to have that long of periods between flights, you may want to change the 10 days to 2 or 3 days to help preserve your battery lives.

Today i noticed my mavic remote controller is not charging, it stays the same at 45% even after 1 hr. When i press power button it shows charging (after showing batt status 45%), but theres no progress in batt charge. I tried with other usb cables, same results.

Just got my mavic pro combo 2 weeks ago and had two short test flights.

Today i noticed my mavic remote controller is not charging, it stays the same at 45% even after 1 hr. When i press power button it shows charging (after showing batt status 45%), but theres no progress in batt charge. I tried with other usb cables, same results.

Just got my mavic pro combo 2 weeks ago and had two short test flights.

Sounds like the charger, not the cable.
Try this one from Ebay:
c218459644b2c7ad9ca8f79881c4639e.jpg

d8619715446c54d7a5339a31cdb65a2f.jpg
6dfe95e9c48d4969f202578b7698ffd2.jpg

Hey,
I'm brand new to drones. Just bought the Mavic Pro yesterday. Charge the drone fine, had the controller charging and it's been charging for more than 4hrs now and still only at 4%. I'm using the power bank with the USB charge cable provided and it's all connected correctly. I tried my USB phone plug adaptor and it didn't make a difference so I changed back to the power ball and it's charged an extra %!
Other than the taking it back saying it's a dud battery in the remote, any ideas will be really helpful as I'm a drone newbie?

Hey,
I'm brand new to drones. Just bought the Mavic Pro yesterday. Charge the drone fine, had the controller charging and it's been charging for more than 4hrs now and still only at 4%. I'm using the power bank with the USB charge cable provided and it's all connected correctly. I tried my USB phone plug adaptor and it didn't make a difference so I changed back to the power ball and it's charged an extra %!
Other than the taking it back saying it's a dud battery in the remote, any ideas will be really helpful as I'm a drone newbie?
In my case i had the remote replaced by my local DJI dealer. It was a case of bad battery in the remote, i've just had the mavic for 10 days. I could tell the charging was not right because when i plugged in the usb charging cable the remote screen only briefly shows 'charging' then it goes off. If the remote is charging properly, it will stay showing 'charging' until complete.

In my case i had the remote replaced by my local DJI dealer. It was a case of bad battery in the remote, i've just had the mavic for 10 days. I could tell the charging was not right because when i plugged in the usb charging cable the remote screen only briefly shows 'charging' then it goes off. If the remote is charging properly, it will stay showing 'charging' until complete.
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I took it back and they exchanged the whole thing. When I've charged the new one I could tell that the one I returned was the charge cables that were faulty.
Now just have to learn how to fly it!!

H-E-L-P !!!
My 'charging input' on my 'Mavic Pro Controller' has been damaged !
(I somehow plugged the cable in upside-down and damaged the small connector inside the female socket on the controller) :-(
-As a temporary measure (because I am on holiday in a beautiful setting) are there any other ways of charging my controller other than using that input?

[I believe that the other USB connector at the bottom of the controller won't charge the device right?]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair