DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller won't fully charge

Dronemark

Reactions
I've had this particular Mavic 2 pro about a year. It flies at least one mission a week for anywhere from a half hour to two hours. In the past month or so I've noticed that the remote controller only charges up to 96 percent and then stops. No matter how long I leave it on the charger, it won't go beyond 96 and I'm wondering if this will continue to decline.

Anyone else experience this? My other DJI drones do not have this issue, and I have batteries that are older and more heavily used that still hold a full charge.

I've had this particular Mavic 2 pro about a year. It flies at least one mission a week for anywhere from a half hour to two hours. In the past month or so I've noticed that the remote controller only charges up to 96 percent and then stops. No matter how long I leave it on the charger, it won't go beyond 96 and I'm wondering if this will continue to decline.

Anyone else experience this? My other DJI drones do not have this issue, and I have batteries that are older and more heavily used that still hold a full charge.
Mine usually stops at 99% for the last 6 months or so.... It’s been used for over 700 full battery flights and is getting close to 2 years old. Just assumed it was getting old. Don’t find it a problem flying as it will last through 6-8 drone batteries.

If you are faced with the problem of not fully charging your remote, do the following; discharge the remote until it turns off completely. After it is completely turned off, wait a few more minutes and try to turn it on again. If it turns on, then wait until it turns off by itself. Perform until it turns on. After that, you can charge until fully charged. If this does not help, then perhaps this procedure will need to be performed several times. The problem is that the charge counter fails in the remote control.

Have you solved your problem, by now?

Last edited:
Yes, same problem on mine, also percentage falling off very quick at the beginning.

Already done 2 full battery cycles, will try more at some point...

I had this problem with a Phantom and the remote had to go to DJI.