DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID Module for MP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
I've been away from drone flying for about eighteen months, so now I find that my wonderful MP is discontinued/out-of-date. She still flies great, and I have the Goggles. Took her out flying today and loved it, but I have to get the rust on my skills brushed off. Now, I am wondering if it will have any future with the future FAA Remote ID rules. More specifically, would DJI consider retrofitting a remote ID capability with a firmware update? What are the chances of DJI or someone else marketing a Remote Module that can attach to it? I bet there a lot of very satisfied MP owners pondering the same thing.

I've been away from drone flying for about eighteen months, so now I find that my wonderful MP is discontinued/out-of-date. She still flies great, and I have the Goggles. Took her out flying today and loved it, but I have to get the rust on my skills brushed off. Now, I am wondering if it will have any future with the future FAA Remote ID rules. More specifically, would DJI consider retrofitting a remote ID capability with a firmware update? What are the chances of DJI or someone else marketing a Remote Module that can attach to it? I bet there a lot of very satisfied MP owners pondering the same thing.
Welcome back! Yes... the world from AGLs 0-400’ is changing. :rolleyes:

Please use the forum search feature for more info on RID and also the FAA. Several threads on this already. Let’s try to keep this question, which all of us have, limited to as few threads as possible.

To address your questions in order you asked.
-exact implementation requirement by FAA is undetermined for drones already in service.
-very likely that a RID add-on will be developed

Note that it will be 2 years until the requirement for RID will be enforced... so for now, read up on it and enjoy flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000