DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID

It looks like remote id on cellular and internet will be using a different app than those receiving broadcast over wifi and Bluetooth.

Remote id implies that you might be getting a little distance away from your quad, but you're only allowed to stay within VLOS. So there's a contradiction. And while a standard remote id module is the only allowance for bvlos, you still have to get a waiver for that. Clear as mud.

Reactions: karlblessing
If the remote ID module doesn't have a traffic avoidance feature, like airsense, it's a waste of money. That's the real purpose that the remote ID should be for, not whether a somebody who doesn't even know it is there to identify it.

Last edited:
If the remote ID module doesn't have a traffic avoidance feature, it's a waste of money. That's the real purpose that the remote ID should be for, not whether a somebody who doesn't even know it is there to identify it.
Given the type of signal that is used for it, I can't imagine any aircraft being able to detect it before it's too late at the speed they usually go, more likely to see a strobe on top at the distances that matter.

Reactions: 13_Dragons
Given the type of signal that is used for it, I can't imagine any aircraft being able to detect it before it's too late at the speed they usually go, more likely to see a strobe on top at the distances that matter.
Well just for quads to not run into each other for one. Having a vo isn't enough to be able to see anything coming at it in any direction. And the remote pilot looking where he's going at the same time.

The FAA needs to get off the pointless exercise of whether LEO has any idea what they are doing. And wasting time trying to identify some random quad. If the FAA wants to integrate into the NAS, they need to worry about airspace first.

Reactions: mavictk and KI5RLL
Hi, question. I downloaded the app on my android phone and tablet, and it is not tracking anything. I played with the setting and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Multiple reasons can cause this. For example, your mobile device does not have a fair refresh rate (so please try to be patient, the drone may appear after the refresh, if you are using an Android device, try to disable the Wi-Fi scan throttling option (receiver-android/supported-smartphones.md at master · opendroneid/receiver-android), or your mobile device does not support the Remote ID used by the drone or does not support the use of Wi-Fi protocols, or the drone flying nearby is not equipped with a Remote ID.

If someone has two dji remote id enabled quads, do they know about each other or is it transmit only?

Transmit only
So no traffic avoidance. Only half the picture of what is to be accomplished by remote id. Apparently remote id was originally for traffic avoidance and because government gets its priorities wrong, was only more concerned about identification.

Reactions: KI5RLL

Not going by ama guidelines is a federal offense although some of the trust and part 107 is derived from it?

Hi, question. I downloaded the app on my android phone and tablet, and it is not tracking anything. I played with the setting and still nothing. Any suggestions?
Hi, what type of drone did you try to detect? Was it capable of Remote ID? Just so you know, this application's functionality depends on your mobile device's operation system, its version, and the hardware components and features of the drone you want to observe.

Make sure when you are reporting a quad sighting that you identify it correctly.

image-jpeg.50959

Here's a perspective from a uas operating police officer type, you know the ones that'll be enforcing this federal regulation.

Reactions: solidhouse
My last two posts might tell you everything you need to know about remote id.

Airline pilots reporting everything as a drone even though it isn't and law enforcement treating any drone incident as a criminal activity. And of course the negative feedback about drones/quads from the mind numbing news media. Foul play on purpose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo