DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Identification.

cHaNcHeN

Reactions
Hi! I'm pretty new here. Got my Mavic Air 2 weeks ago & I absolutely love it! I'm from Monrovia California and I would honestly say that flying a drone in my area is a bit of a challenge. Lots of No Fly Zones and almost all of the area is shaded yellow/orange! Lol!
I learned a lot by following posts & discussions and the guidance & knowledge of the admins here.
One topic that's barely mentioned & discussed is the Remote Identification option on the DJIGO4 App. My question is, do I need to turn it on and put my info in there or should I just leave it as is (by default it's turned off)? What are your thoughts?
TIA!

It's for aeroscope which is a system that allows authorities to track dji drones while they are on and within range of the aeroscope system. You can provide additional information which will be transmitted to aeroscope as well. If aeroscope is being used, they will already be able to figure out who you are through dji. Unless you are a commercial pilot, it probably wouldn't be of much use.

Reactions: cHaNcHeN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair