DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Island

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Yes.

Here are a few things to do:

1) Since you won't have an Internet connection, make sure you're logged into the DJI GO app before heading to the island. When not connected and running the latest firmware, you'll be restricted to a height of 30 meters (98 feet) and a distance of 50 meters (164 feet). See more details here.

2) If you want to be able to see the map in DJI GO, then make sure you cache the maps in DJI GO in a location where you have an Internet connection at some point before heading to the island. You can find instructions on caching the maps here.

3) Make sure your Mavic and remote controller batteries are fully charged and buy extra batteries if needed.

4) If you want to be able to charge your batteries and/or remote controller from the island, you could use some type of portable charging station. Here are a few options that might be a good fit:
Hi guys, this forum is awesome stoked I joined. Mav Pete, and all who have advice, I’ve watched your links (thanks heaps!) cached the coast etc quite extensively, from not too close or would take a day, but not too high can see trees road odd village etc. Question (s)- when I leave aust-phone goes airplane mode- before I open DJI go and from then on leave it open and logged in in background +updated. Permanently right.. does airplane mode affect this? Also- I’ve cached yes but closed app for now as I leave in few wks. Still logged in. Will maps cached stay there for good. ? Or must I do again and leave app open in background from that point. Last I’ve seen a few utube about filters saying Mav brand ones hard to fit easy to break. Some photog guy had different ones for Mav Platinum said much easier to fit and great quality. Any views or brand suggestions?? . Will order ASAP. Ok peace from Byron Bay

Check whereever it is drone laws first and use it if its legal. As to buy, a generator sounds handy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan