DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote not connecting

Turn on USB debugging in the DJI app settings and also activate Developer Options on phone and turn on USB debugging in Developer Options.

@mcleandeere, here are a few things to try:
  • Disconnect the cable from the left side of the remote controller before connecting the cable to the bottom of the remote controller
  • Make sure you're not using a charge-only micro USB cable (the cable that came in your Mavic box will work)
  • After connecting the cable to your phone, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap these options:

Android-USB-Options-DJI-GO-4.jpg

I agree with msinger's suggestion...make sure your phone's USB port isn't set to 'charge this phone's.... that will prevent your phone from communicating with devices such as the remote controller. If your not familiar, swipe downward from the top of the screen while a USB cable is plugged in and you should see an option titled 'android system's with a USB icon next to it (this isn't visible unless you have a USB cable plugged in). For what it's worth...I have the S7 edge and had horrible luck staying connected...there were several times when the phone would disconnect from the RC while the drone was in flight (pretty nerve racking to say the least). I reluctantly switched over to my son's iPad 2 and it has been bullet proof...which sucks because I'm usually the guy who makes fun of Apple products.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fubar