DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Pilot Association??? Remote Pilot Union???

kwilliams6045

Reactions
If this exist already, I haven’t heard of it in my area. I’m in southeast Texas near Houston. If you know of an association please advise.
Currently there is no financial gain to have a Remote Pilot license.

If we come together and set standards for pay, and training opportunities, we can become stronger and more professional.

We can even lobby the FAA to crack down on scabs out there flying for money with zero credentials.

Until this happens, we will never turn Remote Piloting into a serious career. I’d love some feed back from other Part 107 pilots.

Unions can help workers defend against things like arbitrary layoffs and wage cuts, overly long hours, and keeping a safe workplace. I'm in a union that exists for those reasons. But even though I fly under 107 as part of my job I wouldn't support any sort of "pilot's union" to simply eliminate the free-market. Drone pilots are worth what people are willing to pay, no more.

My philosophy for earning goes like this: If you want more money, instead of demanding it, make yourself worth more.

Unions can help workers defend against things like arbitrary layoffs and wage cuts, overly long hours, and keeping a safe workplace. I'm in a union that exists for those reasons. But even though I fly under 107 as part of my job I wouldn't support any sort of "pilot's union" to simply eliminate the free-market. Drone pilots are worth what people are willing to pay, no more.

My philosophy for earning goes like this: If you want more money, instead of demanding it, make yourself worth more.

In no way am I demanding it. Lol. It’s merely a way for remote pilots to come together and better the industry in general. Pay is just one of many items that could be addressed. Having an association could result in better training opportunities, lobbying, etc...it’s not all about money I’m retired btw and do this bc I enjoy it. I am noticing that there are several persons operating commercially without 107 which drives down market prices. This is more for the free lancers not 107’s for company uses.

Reactions: sdold
I like your trade association angle, an association to represent our interests with the FAA, insurance companies, etc. A legal services plan would be nice. The AOPA does that for pilots and probably would like to to that for us as well, but I'm not sure if it's the best organization for us since the airplane pilots might not agree with the drone pilots about certain things. You might be on to something.

Reactions: kwilliams6045
If this exist already, I haven’t heard of it in my area. I’m in southeast Texas near Houston. If you know of an association please advise.
Currently there is no financial gain to have a Remote Pilot license.

If we come together and set standards for pay, and training opportunities, we can become stronger and more professional.

We can even lobby the FAA to crack down on scabs out there flying for money with zero credentials.

Until this happens, we will never turn Remote Piloting into a serious career. I’d love some feed back from other Part 107 pilots.
Hey,

Below is the tread i previously started.

In Portugal, i supose Spain, Italy, France,..., an association it is not like a Union. The association does not interfere with price for the jobs, that is the case of an Union.

An association main objective is to be the voice of the associes, represent them in contact with the authorities. Promote information, training, i.e.

healthy coexistence and mutual help between people who enjoy the same activity, in this case drone piloting .

With all is going on in Europe and in USA about drone regulations, only if we unite can be heard.

Best regards, fly safe.

"Hey Friends,

Does exist a Drone Association or a Drone Federation in you country ?
Please share that information here.

Regulations in Europe and in the USA about Drones are changing and will not stop, we will only be able to speak if we have in the future a strong Drone Federation, in Europe and in the USA."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa