DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote volume Mavic 2 Pro (fix found)

It's not that I want to avoid every audible notification, I only want to avoid the constant RTH beeping and the low battery signal.
It's ok upon confirmation to sound but not all the time. I'll try to blend in into the environment and these signals really draw too much attention to my side unncessarily. ;)

It's not that I want to avoid every audible notification, I only want to avoid the constant RTH beeping and the low battery signal.
It's ok upon confirmation to sound but not all the time. I'll try to blend in into the environment and these signals really draw too much attention to my side unncessarily. ;)
Well think of it this way, if you want to blend into your environment and be a safe/better flyer, you should not be flying it so long that your low battery warning sounds, nor should you reply on the RTH system to find your way home. You should be manually flying it home because you know where you are and were paying attention to your battery state. Therefore both of your annoyances should not even come up for consideration.

Last edited:
The noises and audible warnings you get have a purpose over and above their intended purpose (which you don't want to squelch any more than a manned pilot would ignore cockpit warnings), and that is to tell anyone else paying attention to you that you're busy. If they try to distract you by chatting you up and you get a beep, you can say "I have to attend to this" and they see that you have a reason for that.

I don't think that the audio generated by the controller app is drawing any more attention to you than you already have by launching a drone in the air, or standing there watching a controller (I've had lots of people ask me what I'm doing without even being aware that there was a craft in the sky).

I'm not in the least bit bothered that someone might hear the audio created by my controller.

Chris

Reactions: Cymruflyer
@Cymruflyer @Not A Speck Of Cereal
I don't question that audio feedback is a good thing or sometimes necessary ...
I do return to home mostly manually and before the 25 %, so it's not that much of a concern anyway, but at least for me, there's no gain in attention or information if the SC constantly beeps while I am fully aware of the situation and appropriately handling it. Others may do different, I guess it's a balance between acting responsibly anyway for yourself or being told by technology how to behave.

And while I do avoid people (or legally have to do so), a (for my personal taste too) loud beeping may still annoy or attract others, who were perfectly fine before. Maybe that's also a cultural thing here in Austria - people tend to get nervous easily by such beeps. ;)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
@Cymruflyer @Not A Speck Of Cereal
I don't question that audio feedback is a good thing or sometimes necessary ...
I do return to home mostly manually and before the 25 %, so it's not that much of a concern anyway, but at least for me, there's no gain in attention or information if the SC constantly beeps while I am fully aware of the situation and appropriately handling it. Others may do different, I guess it's a balance between acting responsibly anyway for yourself or being told by technology how to behave.

And while I do avoid people (or legally have to do so), a (for my personal taste too) loud beeping may still annoy or attract others, who were perfectly fine before. Maybe that's also a cultural thing here in Austria - people tend to get nervous easily by such beeps. ;)
I lived in Austria for 11 years and the beeping sounds heard there are usually warning noises for something, from a reversing truck to a cable car door. If you are in a somewhat remote location, the noise of your beeping controller will be no more attracting that the ever increasing buzzing noise of the props on your returning drone. I would expect that to be more annoying or attract attention and bring people looking for you more than just the controller beeping. Plus, you have that noise every time you come back to land, but the controller beeping is a seldom event, since you said you mostly fly it home yourself.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to silence the sounds?

Some of the sounds don't have visual equivalents on your device.

I've even flown with headphones plugged into the device, when in a area so noisy that I was afraid I would miss an audible warning from the app. (Next to a loud river, near heavy car traffic, etc.)

Chris
I don't care for the Auto-Focus beeping all the time.

I don't care for the Auto-Focus beeping all the time.
Every once and awhile, it doesn't sound. When that happens, I'm not confident that a focus lock happened, so I life the finger and half-press again until the sound happens. Only then do I fully press the shutter.

So I'm okay with that sound as well (not that you have to be, of course).

Chris

The low battery beep cannot be silenced by your device. It comes from the remote controller.

The return to home beep also comes from the controller, but can be silenced by tapping the power button on the remote.

Obstacle avoidance beeps and shutter sounds, etc cone from your tablet or phone and can be muted or turned down with your volume buttons on your device.

The low battery beep cannot be silenced by your device. It comes from the remote controller.

The return to home beep also comes from the controller, but can be silenced by tapping the power button on the remote.

Obstacle avoidance beeps and shutter sounds, etc cone from your tablet or phone and can be muted or turned down with your volume buttons on your device.

Except that when the phone is is the RC the volume buttons are not accessible ....

Separately, I'm getting loud beeps (about once every 40 seconds) when the aircraft and RC/phone are just 'sitting there' .. and there are no messages shown on the RC or App. Any ideas as to what might be causing them?

This is Mavic 2 Pro, standard RC, Phone is Samsung S10e.

Just got my Mavic 2 Pro last week. Like many, I thought the remote volume was annoying as all heck. I use a Samsung galaxy s8. Simply turning the media volume on the phone down while connected will turn the volume down on beeps and voice on remote. I'm not sure this works on all phones or not. Found this by mistake and was pleasantly surprised. I was about to drill through the remote but really didn't want to have to do that. Now I don't. Give it a try.

RTH and forced landing beep can be turned off by simply pressing quickly power button on the remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman