DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Removing Collision avoidance Mavic pro 2

gzamir

Reactions
Hello
I am trying to Fly the Drone inside Crawl Spaces . I need this for a Job I am doing . The Collision avoidance has been an Issue. I have turned everything off. The Drone Gets Stuck .Does anyone have any ideas. I need to turn everything off. I have the Bumpers on. So no worries. If I touch the walls . Thanks

I am trying to Fly the Drone inside Crawl Spaces . I need this for a Job I am doing . The Collision avoidance has been an Issue. I have turned everything off. The Drone Gets Stuck .Does anyone have any ideas. I need to turn everything off. I have the Bumpers on. So no worries. If I touch the walls .
What do you mean by the drone gets stuck?
Some more information would be helpful to identify the cause of the issue.

Can't you put it in sport mode then regulate the controls with rate adjustments ? ... or does that only work for GPS Mode ?

Hello
I am trying to Fly the Drone inside Crawl Spaces . I need this for a Job I am doing . The Collision avoidance has been an Issue. I have turned everything off. The Drone Gets Stuck .Does anyone have any ideas. I need to turn everything off. I have the Bumpers on. So no worries. If I touch the walls . Thanks
This doesn't address your question but maybe addresses the larger problem. Is a flying camera the best platform for crawl space work? Have you considered a rover type RC vehicle instead? Just sounds like the wrong tool to me??

Reactions: Coskier and Gindra
Indoors, if you want to fly the drone and whenever you cannot use a "katana for M2P" I advise you to use T mode with sensors off (in IOS you must first turn off sensors and then switch to T mode) without forgetting to position the RTH for loss of signal in stationary so that it does not crash against the ceiling if you have a height specified by default.

so, it is the old topic.
first thing to fly indoors is to map VTS switch on the C1 button so you can always depress it and turn it off.
second thing - when indoors, you may get a scarce gps signal reflected from the walls and IF drone somehow gets a lock on it - it may start acting erratically and be darting around as signal will be mutating. so, the safest approach is to use dji assistant 1.1.2 - search for it - and swap one of modes - T or S - i would recommend the T mode - to the ATTI mode with no position holding function.
in ATTI drone is stabilized by gyros, but not maintaining a position, so it will drift freely but will never dart or use sensors for avoidance. ATTI mode has other benefits to have it - research it.

Reactions: JFree
VPS on M2 is quite good so ideally it should be left on. OA can be a hindrance indoors thought but that's a separate setting.
Manual ATTI mode unfortunately also disables VPS when all you really want to disable is GPS when GPS is unstable.

VPS on M2 is quite good so ideally it should be left on. OA can be a hindrance indoors thought but that's a separate setting.
Manual ATTI mode unfortunately also disables VPS when all you really want to disable is GPS when GPS is unstable.
VPS indoors was known to go bananas over the floors with specific patterns. usually it works fine. the problem is - there is no such mode or way to have VPS on and GPS off, and if GPS goes berserk - there is no other help for that other than switch to ATTI.
same applies to a situation of flying in between skyscrapers, under a gazebo roof or tent, in the dense forest under canopies, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom