DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

removing height limitation

Why do people still say this crap? FYI, there are >NO< FAA restrictions against flying your drone over 400 ft, The AMA has an ADVISORY to not fly over 400 ft. within 3 miles of an airport. Congress has directed the FAA to NOT make ANY regulations concerning model aircraft, and your drone (under 55 lbs.) falls squarely in that category.

Too bad that so many people have trouble with common sense, both in the FAA, and in the modeling community.
Agreed. I flew 2 miles out the other day over rising terrain. If I had been limited in altitude, I would have hit the side of a mountain. Technically I was never more than a couple hundred feet AGL, but I was nearly a thousand feet above my home point.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
This is a double edged discussion.
There are those who want (replace NEED) to fly over 1600 feet. Up to and beyond 5000 feet as mentioned more than once in this thread. Far beyond where they could have a good visual contact with their aircraft. Which is not allowed by the FAA.
So, either you follow suggested guidelines when you fly your drone or you dont. If you plan to break one rule, might as well ignore all of the rules. It should be the choice of the individual pilot. Very similar to trying to control firearms.
I agree that software people should have no control over how their customers want to use their devices. BUT I would AGREE WITH THEM HAVING ACCESS to flight records of these questionable flights. Terrorists have the same rights as hobby drone pilots. Like it or not.

Reactions: JMF and Qoncussion
Honestly my drone came with the limit already installed because I always saw 500m altitude. It’s all good. Either way I’m happy with the technology and happy I can show this thing off. My broke *** hasn’t had a “toy” like this on a long time. Probably since I bought my Gti [emoji41]

No, brand new drones never have 500m limit as default. I believe, it's 120m, but might be wrong. Then, when you try to set it to more than 120m, it'll throw a dialog box saying blah bla blah.

So you think I bought my Mavic with 120m set as the default and then updated the FW and DJI increased the default to 500m? Lol I don’t think so. The warning comes up when setting the max higher than 120m yes.

So you think I bought my Mavic with 120m set as the default and then updated the FW and DJI increased the default to 500m? Lol I don’t think so. The warning comes up when setting the max higher than 120m yes.
I saw this comment coming :eek:... There's been a simple misunderstanding here. Every Mavic made since day-one has come with a 500m ceiling ~BUT~ the preset limit set to 120m. Every owner has always been able to bump up their limit to 500m. It just comes pre-set to 120m.

Yes,here's the link via YouTube to a:get the older,Assist mooant 2 and b:take out the 2 backslashes //That prohibit you from accessing the "device " tools menu.Unlock NFZ,speed,rate of ascension,desent,enable obstacle avoidance further,turn off the **** wind advisory,etc.With great power comes great responsibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi