DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

removing height limitation

I’m new to the drone thing and spent a whole paycheck on this ****** so I don’t want to play with it and not update it just yet. Sorry I’m not super cool and know everything about it and the process in which you do or don’t update it like you do buddy. You should tell me more about your drone and all the mods you’ve done to it [emoji1361]
We just wish that you'd read the rest of this thread before you'd updated your MP to .0100. There's no current known exploit to help you mod your MP now.

We just wish that you'd read the rest of this thread before you'd updated your MP to .0100. There's no current known exploit to help you mod your MP now.

My advice is to not update it immediately, dismiss all prompts to update and you can still fly it just fine. Take your time, learn to fly. In a month, you'll learn its limits and will know what FW you want. The latest FW is irreversible.

Is DUMLDORE out of the question now?

I was getting errors with the rc disconnecting and the downward sensors acting funky before learning how to calibrate on assistant. I then found the iPhone sw update and figured lets update the firmware too since it popped up. I had no clue DJI would put restrictions on something like this that they already put out. Doesn’t make sense to me right now. Laws or not it’s up to the user to be responsible while knowing the limits not the manufacturer that sells worldwide. Idk.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Is DUMLDORE out of the question now?

All Dumldore does is transfer the .bin file to Mavic, it's Mavic itself that starts the FW up/downgrade. With .0100, all bets are out. It's a trap. I guess if you do decide that you need to downgrade, the only way is to sell this Mavic and buy another one.

All Dumldore does is transfer the .bin file to Mavic, it's Mavic itself that starts the FW up/downgrade. With .0100, all bets are out. It's a trap. I guess if you do decide that you need to downgrade, the only way is to sell this Mavic and buy another one.

There’s ways to download any fw files you want and use DD to store the current file to bin and dl/flash the fw file you choose. The guy talks of flashing to .800 though and then going back to .400 so .0100 is most likely not ironed out yet. It will be. I have faith. I want to know I can go wherever I want even if it’s not necessary. I paid good money for these features.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
There’s ways to download any fw files you want and use DD to store the current file to bin and dl/flash the fw file you choose. The guy talks of flashing to .800 though and then going back to .400 so .0100 is most likely not ironed out yet. It will be. I have faith. I want to know I can go wherever I want even if it’s not necessary. I paid good money for these features.

ok... good luck...

404 when trying to get the page with firmwares. Have to wait for someone to figure this one out. For now I’m SOL as mentioned. What a joke. Might return it and eat the restock fee just because dji doing this makes me not a fan anymore. Great product. Shady business.

Reactions: Hotelone
I’m confused though. I’m in my settings and my max altitude is 500 meters. What was it before?

It's always been 500m (unless hacked)

So the update didn’t restrict anything new? That’s what I thought I was being told. I’m reading some owners updating and some not but being restricted to 120 meters? I’m pretty sure I’ve always seen 500m. So the newest firmware update hasn’t changed or restricted my altitude? Lol I’m lost.

Believe the people that HAVE the latest firmware, Don't listen to the "never update firmware" people. They wouldn't know anything about it.
My latest firmware still allows me to go up to 500 meters above takeoff point. Not that I ever have the need. I live in Nebraska, nothing too high out here.

Believe the people that HAVE the latest firmware, Don't listen to the "never update firmware" people. They wouldn't know anything about it.
My latest firmware still allows me to go up to 500 meters above takeoff point. Not that I ever have the need. I live in Nebraska, nothing too high out here.
There are many people here who don't update - like myself - but we know what we're talking about. The 500m height question is a no-brainer. You shouldn't discount everyone who actually knows better...

There are many people here who don't update - like myself - but we know what we're talking about. The 500m height question is a no-brainer. You shouldn't discount everyone who actually knows better...
Sorry,
I just get the feeling most of the anti-firmware army still thinks their drone wont even take off in every NFZ

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots