DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair after crash

Patrowned

Reactions
I purchased a used Mavic Pro off letgo from someone who had crashed it. Got a good deal on it so I figured I would give it a shot at repair. The unit had several errors, most of which I have been able to repair by replacing a board and soldering a few wires. The last of my issues is located in the gimbal. I replaced the ribbon cable, and the gimbal mount itself. I am currently waiting on the video transmission cable which will arrive next week. This is what it does on startup, the gimbal does not return to the start position. I have refreshed the firmware via the assistant app, and I have tried different batteries. In addition to the video transmission cable, I am also due to recieve a new gimbal assembly with the ribbon cable already installed on friday, but figured I would give the old gimbal a shot after changing the ribbon cable if I could get away cheaper. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Additionally, Thank you Thunderdrones for the initial help!

From what I can see, and it’s a little difficult from the video, I think you may have a yaw motor shaft that is bent. Look closely at the gap between the motor and the arm. Is the gap the same all the way around? A few pics may help.

If its the joint you are talking about that I am pointing the tweezers at, its a bit wobbly. It definitely has some slack in that bearing. I tried to tighten the screw on the top, but the nut / keeper is smooth and there isn't really a way to get anything on it to hold it. And if that's the case, I guess my best bet is to wait until the new gimbal assy comes in.

If the gap is even all the way around, the shaft isn’t bent. If there is any deviation, it’s toast and not repairable. (the motor) Check the gap on the others as well.

Just an update, got the new gimbal today, installed the video transmission cable and all appears to be functioning correctly. The only error I now have is the app telling me to calibrate the vision via the pc app. I did see a big difference in the gap of that joint between the replacement gimbal and the one that was involved with the crash. Thanks for the info.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito