DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair Invoice.......... REALLY?????

Everyone upset with DJI (me too) should bear in mind that the PRC team let $150M wander off their premise. DJI policy, in general, seems to reflect their need to restore positive cash flow, quickly before net WC goes negative and DJI is no longer a going concern.
And to all who are genuinely pissed off at DJI's general policy (me included), kindly think of what life would be like with American made camera products (REALLY).
I don't intend to start a controversy, but, all that said, I support the PRC tariffs. Among other long term benefits (to all), PRC companies must improve their fickle corporate governance to prevent gross embezzlement and other internal fraud that ends up costing us (the camera consumer) more money due to DJI's incompetence. There's more to running a biz than great engineering and world-class products. Enough said...
I agree with most of what you said. What would the world be without DJI products? I believe that parrot was around before DJI and they made a great product back then. I'm just amazed that companies like Align who are forerunners in RC helicopters are not competing head on with DJI.

Everyone upset with DJI (me too) should bear in mind that the PRC team let $150M wander off their premise. DJI policy, in general, seems to reflect their need to restore positive cash flow, quickly before net WC goes negative and DJI is no longer a going concern.
And to all who are genuinely pissed off at DJI's general policy (me included), kindly think of what life would be like with American made camera products (REALLY).
I don't intend to start a controversy, but, all that said, I support the PRC tariffs. Among other long term benefits (to all), PRC companies must improve their fickle corporate governance to prevent gross embezzlement and other internal fraud that ends up costing us (the camera consumer) more money due to DJI's incompetence. There's more to running a biz than great engineering and world-class products. Enough said...

In what way has the DJI embezzlement issue negatively affected you?

Well I’ve certainly learned something here. That auto-discharge thing is no joke. I already pay more attention to the voltage than the percent but I’m gonna have to keep an even better eye on it.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow Brett. Too much going on before bed. Thanks again.
Thanks Brett!!! Here is the record of the previous flight. All systems seemed just fine. I reposted the flight record that the incident occurred hoping it may be more complete.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-04_[14-15-57].txt
    493.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-04_[14-15-57].txt
    493.1 KB · Views: 1
I thought you status chk battery before installing into drone at takeoff? When battery button pressed it responds showing charged status.
Entity also documents that depress prolongs self discharge ten days more

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Is thread saying do not trust your indicated battery status (button) that shows % charge?

Is thread saying do not trust your indicated battery status (button) that shows % charge?
Thread is saying it’s good practice to launch with a full battery. If it was charged more than a couple of days earlier give it a quick top up (turn in before connecting to charger).

Never fly with a battery than may have entered auto discharge before fully charging.

I will check later if the option to have the battery voltage displayed on the home screen is available with the mavic air, but I don't remember ever seeing that option.

Edit: This seems to be a little mystery. Is it possible? Is it not?

I have a Mavic Air w/latest firmware, and my GO4 display (iPhone) shows battery voltage next to % power. It did not come that way, but I'm not sure how I enabled it... I think it was with DJI Assistant 2.

What was the bill if you don’t mind me asking? I just recently sent mine in and I’m waiting on a response it gets to dji tomorrow and I’ll keep you posted on what they say.also when you sent the drone was it operational flying normally? Mine fell in about 2 feet of fresh water and I was getting imu errors also but I let it dry out for a couple days and everything went back to normal my gimbal is just messed up I get an overload error and it won’t pan up or down but the zoom works I hope the bill isn’t too much that’s why I’m asking what their chargeing you so I can get an idea
It is 170 bucks., which I would gladly pay to get my aircraft back if it was my error in ability or protocol. Wis

Reactions: Arce101
It is 170 bucks., which I would gladly pay to get my aircraft back if it was my error in ability or protocol. Wis

On the first flight you started with a battery reading 94%. When was it last charged? On the second flight you started at 52%. Was that the first flight that day on the battery, or had you just flown another flight?

That was the first question I asked the OP and he stated that he always starts at 100%. Question would be what warnings were displayed in DJI Go4 when the voltages started to drop. Was there enough time to bring it in before total failure?
Thank you sooo much for all your help. I did start out at 100%, although I must have either kept flying on the second flight with a battery at 54%. Having said that........................

Thank you sooo much for all your help. I did start out at 100%, although I must have either kept flying on the second flight with a battery at 54%. Having said that........................

So in both cases these weren’t batteries that you hadnt used in a few day (10 or more) or hadn’t recharged them is that correct?

Remember we don’t have anything to do with your repair process with DJI and for the record I didn’t even know about the auto-discharge thing causing the resistance change and therefore reliability problem. I think there are some people watching this thread that are concerned about having batteries that show 50% charge and then falling out of the sky, which is worthy of concern.

I think it would put a lot of people at ease if that was the cause and we at least know how to avoid it.

This was a good one one to bring to us, at least for me I’ve already learned a lot.

What kind of charger are you using?

Reactions: Ranger
N
So in both cases these weren’t batteries that you hadnt used in a few day (10 or more) or hadn’t recharged them is that correct?

Remember we don’t have anything to do with your repair process with DJI and for the record I didn’t even know about the auto-discharge thing causing the resistance change and therefore reliability problem. I think there are some people watching this thread that are concerned about having batteries that show 50% charge and then falling out of the sky, which is worthy of concern.

I think it would put a lot of people at ease if that was the cause and we at least know how to avoid it.

This was a good one one to bring to us, at least for me I’ve already learned a lot.

What kind of charger are you using?
No, no! These are batteries that I’d been using the day before and the day before that. I use the four battery charger that came with the fly more combo. I routinely rotate the batteries through the charging process. If I’m not flying for a few days, I remove them from the charger and return them to the charger the night before my next flight day. I know that this is a forum for pilots and I had no idea the interest it would generate. I have also posted the same message to the DJI forum as well. I received an email from DJI this afternoon stating that my case has been escalated to a higher level. I will post the outcome as I receive it. I would like to thank all involved in this thread. It has been a learning experience to say the least. I look forward to future participation. Hopefully with stories of flying in the Alps or something like that!!! Thank y’all!

N

No, no! These are batteries that I’d been using the day before and the day before that. I use the four battery charger that came with the fly more combo. I routinely rotate the batteries through the charging process. If I’m not flying for a few days, I remove them from the charger and return them to the charger the night before my next flight day. I know that this is a forum for pilots and I had no idea the interest it would generate. I have also posted the same message to the DJI forum as well. I received an email from DJI this afternoon stating that my case has been escalated to a higher level. I will post the outcome as I receive it. I would like to thank all involved in this thread. It has been a learning experience to say the least. I look forward to future participation. Hopefully with stories of flying in the Alps or something like that!!! Thank y’all!

Very good. Well thank you for bringing it to our attention and I know we've learned a lot. Please keep us updated!!

On the first flight you started with a battery reading 94%. When was it last charged? On the second flight you started at 52%. Was that the first flight that day on the battery, or had you just flown another flight?
The 94 % battery was fully charged before about a four hour drive in the case. The second one was the second flight on that battery shortly after fully charging that morning.

The 94 % battery was fully charged before about a four hour drive in the case. The second one was the second flight on that battery shortly after fully charging that morning.

If that's the case then both batteries were faulty. Interestingly they were from the same batch - manufactured in March 2018.

Did you just send the aircraft and remote with battery’s and all? They might just send u a brand new drone

Reactions: Marko9219
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329