DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair Mavic mini propellors

I wouldn’t take the chance. Enough impact to create a divot could likely be enough to cause a stress fissure that could fail at any time. Replace the props.

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Naaa, we use duct tape here in MS.
:)
Welcome to the forum Jim and moving this to Mini Section.

And something else to think about.
I‘m going to guess that the miniature screw that holds that piece of equipment to the motor is not quite straight anymore. Try unscrewing it and see if it wobbles on the way out.

It works just fine - kudos to Mavic's programmers. The next test will be of a blade where I had to replace the tip with Scotch tape. Stay tuned.
Works fine for how long will be the questionable part of this puzzle.
I‘ll cross my fingers for you.

I think he’s just having fun! Nothing wrong with that as long as no one gets hurt.

Reactions: Bi88les
It works just fine - kudos to Mavic's programmers. The next test will be of a blade where I had to replace the tip with Scotch tape. Stay tuned.
deer.gif

Yes, the DJI programmers really make miracles. Tell you a secret, it is actually possible to install just one blade and the Mini will still fly. The firmware will send some special signal to the motor to compensate for the loss of blade.

Yes, the DJI programmers really make miracles. Tell you a secret, it is actually possible to install just one blade and the Mini will still fly. The firmware will send some special signal to the motor to compensate for the loss of blade.
Really no miraculous programming here. Every quad-copter will naturally compensate for varying lift of any prop by adjusting the motor speed for that specific prop. The IMU measures attitude and then the ESC sends the proper signal to each motor to keep the quad flying properly. The problem arises when a prop no longer has enough lift even at maximum motor speed.

One blade propellers are actually the most efficient aerodynamically but it is terrible for balance.

In any case, repairing a propeller with scotch tape or anything else is a bad idea IMHO. I check each blade prior to each flight and if there is anything beyond a small nick, it gets replaced. The damage from such a large chunk missing can easily cause the prop to break while in flight. Plus as others have already mentioned, you are really doing a disservice to the entire airframe with the balance issue. Vibration can really shake loose a lot of parts.

Reactions: Bi88les

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman