DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair shop/folks in Central Texas

Ghost_ATX

Reactions
I'm in Austin, Texas. I have a first gen mini with a broken arm, near the motor. The mini powers up (all 4 motors) and there are no errors in the app, but the arm is cracked and the motor dangles (pix included). Does anyone know of a repair shop in the Central Texas area (Austin, San Antonio, Round Rock area)? I don't have repair coverage but I'm happy to pay cash for parts and labor. However, if you add up the costs of parts, labor and shipping the mini out of state or out of the country - its almost cheaper to buy a brand new one. I'd rather just get it fixed locally, if possible. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini-2.jpg
    Mini-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • Mini-8.jpg
    Mini-8.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Mini-13.jpg
    Mini-13.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
I have a ton of experience with drones and done some minor work on them but have not replaced an arm. I have enough experience I would be quite comfortable with doing an arm replacement or you (I have looked at buying crashed drones and flipping them but have not done it yet). But, I live in Washington state so unless you want to pay shipping it won’t work out. Have you looked at replacing he arm yourself?
Good luck and I would be happy to work with you!
Merrick Whitson

You do not have to send it out of state or country. The DJI Center is in Fort Worth, Texas. Contact DJI Support, send the photos, and ask for a "ball park" estimate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143