DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

repair to my MPP

And anyone who relies on OA sensors instead of actually flying the Drone is going to crash sooner or later - when the sensors fail to pick up a power line or branch
It's like saying the sensors on a car will lead to a crash. They're there to help prevent a crash not to be a foolproof method of avoiding crashes! The same applies to drones. The sensors are there to help avoid crashes but crashes do happen. But without the sensors, your likelihood of crashing rises. Just my personal opinion, I'd rather drive and fly with the sensors.

No... I'm assuming you do?
Actually that would be incorrect, I like to fly around my neighborhood at 200 ft to 250..generally in sport mode and always within vlos
Clearing the tree tops, its the down low and slow that I really don't feel confident in..
But hey its a mini 2...not a lot of money and If I crash it...I crash it.
And I'll be wiser afterwards
Thats all I ment

Guys Guys lets keep this sociable ,there is a place for obstacle avoidance ,but experience has shown that it is not infallible and you cant rely on it to save your drone
its down to personal taste whether or not you fly with it or not
for me personally i prefer to have it Off on my MPP and as for my MM that is not an issue
lets agree to disagree on this subject and keep the subject of the thread on track please

Reactions: Itzmyobsession
Guys Guys lets keep this sociable ,there is a place for obstacle avoidance ,but experience has shown that it is not infallible and you cant rely on it to save your drone
its down to personal taste whether or not you fly with it or not
for me personally i prefer to have it Off on my MPP and as for my MM that is not an issue
lets agree to disagree on this subject and keep the subject of the thread on track please
Thankyou sir

Reactions: old man mavic
I have two M1P's. They are great flyers and for the flying I do i have no intention of replacing them. They are both loaded with NLD software which allows me to take off from just about anywhere (I still have to be smart about things). My home is about 75 yards inside a NFZ. If i just want to chase the dogs around the yard I have no problems (anymore). A friend of mine had an M1P that he modified and using spotters out in the west Texas desert he was able to go out almost 11 miles (he had aux batteries strapped to the bird). Get rid of my M1P's? Not until you pry them from my cold dead hands.

the last couple of times i have flown my trusty MPP i have had some issues with the gimbal i would get motor obstructed warning message on the screen and then gimbal vibration detected ,and also the horizon would suddenly go completely angled ,then just as suddenly it would all go back to normal ,what made it worse was that it didnt happen all the time the picture itself was still perfect ,and i did all the normal checks for any foreign objects in the gimbal motors ,the drone has never been crashed
in the end the only conclusion i could come to was that the gimbal cable had become damaged, through age and the amount of use over the last three years
i obtained a new gimbal cable for the princely sum of £11-65p and decided that as the forum was down yesterday for a server change over i would attempt a cable change
so i opened her up removed the gimbal and had a go,biggest problem i encountered was my not so flexible fingers and somewhat less than perfect eyesight ,these two factors made the job harder ,but i persevered and after several hours i finally had everything back together
i was not expecting much of a result ,but i fitted the battery set up the screen and RC took a big breath and turned on the drone
the gimbal did its dance and the camera worked ,i was pleasantly surprised and earlier today took her up for a flight ,so far all is fine no error messages and everything seems to be working as it should
i will be more than happy if my trusty MPP lasts at least till the end of next year before the rules will restrict it to very limited places i can fly her
sorry for such a long post ,but i just wanted to share my experience
Absolutely brilliant, well done , cheers Len

Sorry... didn't see my first comment. My bad...
Np. Everyone makes mistakes and there's more than enough space for all of our comments. lol

did you know, that the Mavic 1 is the only dji drone that is fully hackable and customizable?
I did not know that actually! That's very interesting... I think I'll buy one...

did you know, that the Mavic 1 is the only dji drone that is fully hackable and customizable?
That's another good reason why I bought a MP Platinum last April instead of a Gen 2 'practically flies itself except where DJ I doesn't want you to fly' Wonder Drones :)

I'm a bit concerned about this ribbon cable and gimbal mount. It all looks very sensitive, and no matter how gently I try to fit that little plastic lock it always seems to jump into an awkward position at the last moment. Is there an upgraded aftermarket ribbon cable or mount setup? It seems it's one of the only weaknesses in this model.

After some research I actually looked for this model as my first camera drone. In person I really like the build quality, looks solid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98