DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repaired MPP?

Triple r

Reactions
I sent out a Mavic Pro Platinum on March 12 for a small stress crack on the top shell of the aircraft. It was sent out with the provided UPS Ground label to Cerritos CA. The Mavic arrived 4 days later to the repair facility. I did not use Refresh but instead allowed for assess and subsequent warranty repair. I received regular feed back along the way and the drone was shipped out on March 21st to me for which I received back yesterday March 27. Exactly two weeks and one day. Not bad for as I am located in Eastern NC. I never had to probe them with emails and overall a great experience.
Interestingly, the serial number On the aircraft was different than the one on the original box and Mavic That I sent them. There wasn’t a R at the end of the SN and after decoding the SN-March 2018 was the manufacturing date. Will see how she flies later in the week

That's what they often do in a warranty case. Mine got replaced as well during warranty. Your original mavic will be refurbished for the Care Refresh pool.

So does the Mavic Pro Platinum develop cracks overtime like the phantoms?

That's what they often do in a warranty case. Mine got replaced as well during warranty. Your original mavic will be refurbished for the Care Refresh pool.
I've sent several different drones through the system. The R probably refers to "refurbished."

If you buy one on the DJI drones at the DJI site, they have some great deals, many refurbished.

In my experience, the refurbished drones fly and function like new. DJI finds its easier and faster to send out an on the shelf rebuilt drone.

I suspect that repairs take quite a bit of time and then testing and confirmation there are no issues is time consuming.

So, put you old drone in the pile to be fixed and shoot out a working one.

Cell phone companies do the same thing, as do TV companies.

If you have a Square Trade policy on an item, hidden in the contract is a paragraph that notes a "refurbished like new" product may be used to replace a damaged product.

However, unlike Square Trade, DJI will warranty their refurbished drones as if they were new.

If you have registered your old drone, look at your registration, the new Serial number is often changed to reflect the new drone.

Reactions: ToddR
not that I know. Mine had a different issue.

Do all refurbished drones from DJI have SN ending with ‘R’? Would DJI choose not to add ‘R’ so owners don’t feel bad about getting a refurbished one when they send in under Care Refresh?

I sent my MPP to DJI in California for a small stress crack near the battery latch on 3/22 from NY. For a few reasons I used one of my allotted Care Refreshes. The MPP was received today 3/28. I will update on the overall experience.

Update 1
DJI received: 3/28
Replacement shipped: 3/28
MPP: Build Date 3/9/18

Last edited:

I originally bought my MPP on Nov 21 2017. (See Stress Cracks) for pics. I had a very small stress crack on the left lower side of the front shell were the left front arm folds under the aircraft. The drone never had a hard landing nor mishandled in any way. I also store it flat with a soft shell case by Smatree. Nonetheless, I had it “repaired” under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22