DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repairs

Jim Cap

Reactions
Just an FYI

I had a minor hard landing where my front left prop hit an object while landing. The bird was only about an inch off the ground when this occurred. I diid not notice anything wrong with the MP afterworlds. Next time I tried to fly it, I got a motor error and it shut down. I found my left front motor wont turn freely. I found a replacement on amazon and its at my house in 2 days. I watch as many videos as I can find on the repair and make the repair. The MP fires up and starts to take off and then rolls over towards the repaired side. So I’m thinking the new motor is not spinning up like the rest of them. At this point I’m done working on it and call DJI. I get a very nice guy on the phone that I cannot understand. I do get, go on line and request a return. Get a return label and mail it back to us. So I did that today and I will post the How Long it took and the what did it cost when I know... Bird is a Mavic Pro that was in Great Shape

Jim

wriggle the old mother gently back and forth while blowing compressed air into it. sometimes a grain of dirt or sand will keep it from rotating. It might be fine.

Reactions: Jim Cap
You have soldered the motor wires to the ESC board around the wrong way when you replaced the leg and the motor is spinning in reverse which is causing the aircraft to tip to that side due to that prop not lifting as spinning wrong direction.

Also the old leg motor may still be fine. When it hit object it probably broke one of the prop lugs off in the motor locking hub which is now inside the motor and jamining it. Remove prop and careful inspect inside motor for small black plastic lug. You didn't even need to replace motor/arm in first place.

Last edited:
You have soldered the motor wires to the ESC board around the wrong way when you replaced the leg and the motor is spinning in reverse which is causing the aircraft to tip to that side due to that prop not lifting as spinning wrong direction.

Also the old leg motor may still be fine. When it hit object it probably broke one of the prop lugs off in the motor locking hub which is now inside the motor and jamining it. Remove prop and careful inspect inside motor for small black plastic lug. You didn't even need to replace motor/arm in first place.

I thought something may have been inside the motor as that’s what it felt like. And after working on the MP and turning it over several times while working in it and after I finished the repair, I noticed the motor spin freely :(

As far as the wires in the wrong order, man that should not have happened. Not say it could’nt happen. Just I replaced them very carefully.. either way its in DJI hands now as I sent it off today... Man I wish I would have played with the motor more tho and avoided all this

I thought something may have been inside the motor as that’s what it felt like. And after working on the MP and turning it over several times while working in it and after I finished the repair, I noticed the motor spin freely :(

As far as the wires in the wrong order, man that should not have happened. Not say it could’nt happen. Just I replaced them very carefully.. either way its in DJI hands now as I sent it off today... Man I wish I would have played with the motor more tho and avoided all this
I go by the old adage, a physician who treats himself is a fool, or the attorney who represents himself is a fool. I'd send it it to a qualified repair shop. But that's just me- I consider myself handy (I am an eye surgeon-ophthalmologist) but I would not fool with this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22