DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace props in pairs?

I hope it doesn't cause too much wear and tear. I can't imagine my taking off and putting on propellers is any more stressful than the extremely high RPM's of those engines lifting my Mavic
The risk is damage to the mounting mechanism, twisting them on & off. If you're careful it should be fine, but the tabs do get broken.

Replacing car tires in pairs is a good idea if both are reasonably worn. No need to replace props in pairs unless 2 are broken. Can you post pictures of your cracked prop?
it's small, but it seemed to be making the MP squirrelly in the air. I still flew it several city blocks away from me in fairly strong wind successfully.
IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG
Actually, the Phantom flew quite well until most of the prop was trimmed away...

dunno,but my p3 had only 1'' trimmed away that i didnt catch at first and started it up and it shook like crazy
in your video he was trimming both ends,mine was only one end which made it unbalanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callum
Is that the trailing edge? If so, that's kind of unusual.

Could have been due to the same event that caused these, and I just didn't notice... TBH I took these off right after it happened, i never tried flying with them like this. I kept them as emergency backups.
IMG_4885.JPG

Last edited:
You guys make me want to try flying (hovering) with a set trimmed down half way [emoji16]. I wish I had a set that was crappy already. Got plenty of Phantom blades [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423