DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement Mavic 2 Pro showing poor RC signal

MurrayMav

Reactions
I recently sold my trusty Mavic Pro and bought the new Mavic 2 Pro. My timing wasn't great because I had to leave it sealed in the box due to travel, new baby, weather etc. for longer than the 15 day return period. Once I unboxed and flew it I was in love for about 4 flights before the camera started losing signal. I tried troubleshooting with multiple DJI tech people in China. This wasn't helpful in the slightest and very frustrating. Finally they had me send it back and I was pleasantly surprised with the quick turnaround. I got updates that my drone had a faulty Core Board Module and would be repaired or replaced. In about a week and a half total time I had a different (not sure if it's new but assuming not since it was thrown in the same packaging I sent mine in) drone. Last night I loaded everything up, updated firmware, added my new DJI Racing Goggles and all was fine EXCEPT for a poor RC signal. Today I sent it up for a test flight after calibrating the compass and it worked fine but I did receive a compass interference warning upon landing and the RC signal still says "poor". I am alarmed after a little research to see how many people seem to be having this issue. I would expect a drone sent straight from quality control and testing in California to be working fine. I've read mixed messages about wifi interferance, the goggles causing it, switching bands, etc. Does anyone know if this is a widespread issue that has been addressed or resolved? Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Mine has(knock on wood) done well with no faults straight out of the box.
Thirty plus flights. Same with the zoom.

Try rebinding the RC to drone without goggles and see if it improves. Also ensure the radio is set to dual band and auto so it can use both bands as required.

I do remember reading somewhere that the googles could be the issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78