DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reported near miss at LHR

@BJR981S i agree on what you say, but i hope you understand my viewpoint also. Lets rather post stuff that has happened not long ago, so that everyone can see of what the idiots are doing now, with all the regs. that we already have.

Yes I understood what you were saying.

Here is a report from a fellow antipodean with an interesting take on the subject. I agree with his statements.

Reactions: ac0j
Didn't anybody notice the phrase ....a drone-like object...?
It could have been anything. The object was unidentified. All involved in this reporting, including the CAA, should be ashamed of the exaggeration and scaremongering. Let's get the facts before jumping to conclusions please!

Didn't anybody notice the phrase ....a drone-like object...?
It could have been anything. The object was unidentified. All involved in this reporting, including the CAA, should be ashamed of the exaggeration and scaremongering. Let's get the facts before jumping to conclusions please!

Remarkably yes - everyone read the wording. And no - it was not unidentified - it was identified as a drone-like object. That means it looked like a drone. Given that, how do you think it should have been reported?

Quite interesting information taken from this post:
Mavic Pro drone in London Royal Parks

Parts of Richmond Park, though in relative close proximity to Heatrow Airport and related flight paths is an oficial UAS Flying Field.
Extract UAS usage Policy in Royal Parks:
"One area of Richmond Park, the ‘Flying Field’, is currently identified as suitable for the
recreational use of UAS subject to pilots obeying Park Regulations and CAA requirements."

Even if there is a clear 400 ft Limit, if pilots play around with their left stick with throttle up, a close encounter might occur. Given the restrictions in greater London, that area for UAVs is somehow astonishing...

Flightradar24_Heathrow.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB