DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reported near miss at LHR

I just can't resist posting this one, especially with the classic Sun headline...

Virgin plane in terrifying near miss with drone on Heathrow approach
I was almost too terrified to read the article. This made me LOL
It was feared that a British Airways flight from Geneva was hit by a drone at 1,700ft over Richmond Park as it came in to Heathrow in April, 2016, but transport minister Robert Goodwill later revealed the object may have been a plastic bag.

I was almost too terrified to read the article. This made me LOL
It was feared that a British Airways flight from Geneva was hit by a drone at 1,700ft over Richmond Park as it came in to Heathrow in April, 2016, but transport minister Robert Goodwill later revealed the object may have been a plastic bag.

That was another good one. Of course it doesn't mean that this one was not a real event, and I don't mean to minimize that possibility.

Reactions: JDawg
My favorite quote....

It was feared that a British Airways flight from Geneva was hit by a drone at 1,700ft over Richmond Park as it came in to Heathrow in April, 2016, but transport minister Robert Goodwill later revealed the object may have been a plastic bag

Reactions: frank candor
Yep the good ol Sun news paper, it’s like a Tom & Jerry comic here in the UK so it must be true:rolleyes:

Despite the fine reputation of The Sun for sensationalizing, perhaps a more balanced way to look at this would be "just because it's in The Sun doesn't mean it is untrue". Obviously this is describing an actual report of a near miss made to the CAA, so the newspaper is irrelevant, other than the splendid headline.

You would think so. It probably would be reasonable to expect some form of administration/vetting might need to occur before the item was made available in the public searchable reports database.
Ok, maybe there is a reasonable delay then.

Despite the fine reputation of The Sun for sensationalizing, perhaps a more balanced way to look at this would be "just because it's in The Sun doesn't mean it is untrue". Obviously this is describing an actual report of a near miss made to the CAA, so the newspaper is irrelevant, other than the splendid headline.
The more you post things like this, the more it looks like whatever is in print and called news is
more believable than not in your eyes. Just an observation. Please NEVER BUY the National Enquirer, The Globe, or the Examiner. ALSO avoid ANYTHING in print from The Onion. :D

Reactions: frank candor
The more you post things like this, the more it looks like whatever is in print and called news is
more believable than not in your eyes. Just an observation. Please NEVER BUY the National Enquirer, The Globe, or the Examiner. ALSO avoid ANYTHING in print from The Onion. :D

Unfortunately you are on the wrong end of the irony spectrum here, since the news report in question was accurate.

Again more airprox garbage.

"Drone like object". Not confirmed a drone or any sort of identification. Yet their summary its a drone. No questioning, no research, no investigation. "Drone like object" becomes "Drone".

Its like the drone at 15,500ft a few months ago. Without question their cause/risk/summary its a confirmed drone.

3,200ft is a little high as well given the general height of the land around that area.

WAIT,...NOT THE ONION !!! that's where i get ALL my REAL NEWS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229