DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rescue mode for mavic mini

Darko21

Reactions
Hello all
Just wanted to know if there is a rescue mode for mavic mini just in case if it gets stuck in a tree?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
Havn’t never heard of Rescue Mode. Well other than that’s what you go in to get it down.?

Reactions: BarbT
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It randomly moves it's propellers to try and free itself from a tree
Had never seen that before, thanks.
No DJI does not have that.

Reactions: Emanáku
Seriously thinking of dumping the mini for anafi and registering as I fly r/c planes and helis also.
Anafi app is so easy to use and you can be up and flying very quickly, follow me is just a pound purchase in app along with waypoint flying. Shame coz I've always flown DJI and kinda love the mini and the spark I had before that but it's very limited in range, wind and features.?

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Seriously thinking of dumping the mini for anafi and registering as I fly r/c planes and helis also.
Anafi app is so easy to use and you can be up and flying very quickly, follow me is just a pound purchase in app along with waypoint flying. Shame coz I've always flown DJI and kinda love the mini and the spark I had before that but it's very limited in range, wind and features.?
Then get a Mavic Air 2.

Anafi app is so easy to use and you can be up and flying very quickly, follow me is just a pound purchase in app along with waypoint flying.

I don’t personally find the Fly app at all difficult or slow to use. Also, with the purchase of third-party apps like Dronelink and Litchi, you can add most of the features you want to the Mini and the total cost is still significantly less than you’d pay for the Anafi (even more so when you add the cost of a couple of spare batteries).

No I don't find fly app difficult, it's just not as intuitive or quick as Freeflight app. It's so quick when I'm out and about to just open the controller (it turns itself on) bung my phone in the handy clip with it's protective cover still on connect cable turn on drone and connection is almost instant. The Mavic I have to remove phone cover, fix joysticks in place, connect the fiddly cable, clip phone in to fiddly holders, blah blah. Also here in the UK Mini is deliberately hobbled by poor range, no follow me and not great in any kind of wind. Don't forget also that DJI have been copying some Parrot drone features like prop mountings. As you say we can buy other apps to fly Mini but that comes with it's own risks and kinda underpins what I've been saying.
Don't get me wrong I'm not going to slag off the Mini (especially on this forum) it's a fantastic drone and achievement at this weight level and if you don't want to register it's pretty much the only serious drone in it's class. I'll probably just keep the two for now and wait see if DJI add the features I want.

Also here in the UK Mini is deliberately hobbled by poor range, no follow me and not great in any kind of wind.

I’m not trying to defend the Mini (well maybe a little bit), but I have no problems flying mine to the limit of VLOS. I’ve also found it to be ok even in moderate winds as long as you think about how (and where) you’re going to operate it. I knew it didn’t have follow me when I bought it so it’s not something I feel is an issue.

Remember that all the third-party apps use the DJI SDK so shouldn’t be able to do anything dangerous.

Reactions: DameB.
Maybe DJI could add that feature to the MM at the same time when they add remote ID ?

Hi Darko, my Mini got stuck in a tree 10 days ago.
Through the DJI Fly app you can have it blink and sound, so you see and hear where it is exactly. I used this mode.
But apparently the Mini started vibrating a little bit (that is what I think happened), because seconds later it fell out of the tree.
You can try that at home by going to "Safety" then "Find my Drone" and then press "Start Flashing and Beeping".
In case you have to do that under a tree be ready to catch it (in my case the battery fell out, when it hit the ground.... :) ).

Hi Darko, my Mini got stuck in a tree 10 days ago.
Through the DJI Fly app you can have it blink and sound, so you see and hear where it is exactly. I used this mode.
But apparently the Mini started vibrating a little bit (that is what I think happened), because seconds later it fell out of the tree.
You can try that at home by going to "Safety" then "Find my Drone" and then press "Start Flashing and Beeping".
In case you have to do that under a tree be ready to catch it (in my case the battery fell out, when it hit the ground.... :) ).
Exactly right! As it beeps, the props flip back and forth slightly. I think it’s a double help in that it makes it more visible plus if it’s lightly caught, this may help break it free. I know this from experience.

That does look like a nice feature. It’s similar to Turtle mode in FPV drones. I have Turtle mode programmed in my FPV drone, but you have to be careful and use it sparingly as it can easily blow an ESC when used. I wonder if the anifi ESC is protected when using rescue mode.

You would think if it could do that, than you would be able to Remote Start , Which really would be the same concept.
just not automatic but if the props are bound it wont matter .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Reactions: Honza Hroch
MM does not have a speaker. The sound is created by the vibration of the motors due to PVM modulation. That's why it trembles when it beeps. Exactly, it vibrates at the same frequency as it emits sound

I don’t personally find the Fly app at all difficult or slow to use. Also, with the purchase of third-party apps like Dronelink and Litchi, you can add most of the features you want to the Mini and the total cost is still significantly less than you’d pay for the Anafi (even more so when you add the cost of a couple of spare batteries).
I suspect though that the extra features gained from Litchi are handled by the app itself at a low level rather than having the AC firmware handle it as is done with other models. If the app is handling everything including object recognition, that puts a heavy load and reliance on device resources and RC to AC communications.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki