DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Responsible" real pilots

Domagoj

Reactions

This footage makes me mad. I can not appreciate his flying skills at all because it is obvious that he was endangering many other people.

This is in Croatia. I do not know when the video was taken but it is today on all web portals. Regarding drones, Croatia is a land of stupid law according to which you have to announce your drone flight to State Geodetic Administration (SGA) 15 days prior to it if you plan to shoot pictures or video during the flight. Not just announce, you have to draw your flying path on a 1:100000 scale map. If they approve it, after the flight you have to send your footage to them and the SGA and Ministry of Defense and then they will "check" the footage and if everything is ok then you wiil receive approval that you can publish footage online. That applies for any purpose of video or picture shooting from the sky.
If you do not abide this stupid law, you can get a fine from 5000-25000 HRK. That is 800-4000 USD. Yes, you cant shoot a video of your family with a drone and publish it on facebook without the fear that someone reports you.
If yu do this with a real airplane (possibly state property), maybe there will be no fine...

Why am I talking about this law while it basically don't have anything to do with this video? Well, it has. He was shooting a video from the sky. But not with a 700 grams drone.
I have to abide the stupid law or face the hefty fine while watching and tolerating this kind of a behaviour from professional pilot, working for the state. Flying over road drivers, endangering state property plane and other people lives.

I hope this moron gets a hefty fine and spend some time in a jail.

Last edited:
lol i dont think i read your whole post there. im sure all others will
but you sound kind of conflicted ?

Are you angry at the irresponsible pilot or angry at Croation laws regarding your responsibility?
either way, I enjoyed the video :)

Reactions: krobert291
Both;)
Yes i know it sounds conflicted. I thought the same before posting it but as i am working something else in the moment, did not care to make it clearer;)

Croatian Law regarding drone footage is obsolete, stupid and even impossible to be completely complied because some requirements rely on documents which do not exist...
But purpose of the law is also dubious. Why would state geodetic administration and ministry of defense need to look at some, for example, wedding foootage? That is ridiculous...

I referenced to law because laws are so strict and ready to be implemented on normal people who are paying the taxes. Yet, we have this kind of behaviour when there is a pilot who is flying possibly state property plane and wasting tax payers money doing something very dangerous and completely unecessary.

And then they say drones are dangerous.

Both;)
Yes i know it sounds conflicted. I thought the same before posting it but as i am working something else in the moment, did not care to make it clearer;)

Croatian Law regarding drone footage is obsolete, stupid and even impossible to be completely complied because some requirements rely on documents which do not exist...
But purpose of the law is also dubious. Why would state geodetic administration and ministry of defense need to look at some, for example, wedding foootage? That is ridiculous...

I referenced to law because laws are so strict and ready to be implemented on normal people who are paying the taxes. Yet, we have this kind of behaviour when there is a pilot who is flying possibly state property plane and wasting tax payers money doing something very dangerous and completely unecessary.

And then they say drones are dangerous.
If I lived there I would drive RC cars and boats. The drone issues are beyond my desire to fly a drone. I think I understand you frustration.

Reactions: Domagoj

This footage makes me mad. I can not appreciate his flying skills at all because it is obvious that he was endangering many other people.

This is in Croatia. I do not know when the video was taken but it is today on all web portals. Regarding drones, Croatia is a land of stupid law according to which you have to announce your drone flight to State Geodetic Administration (SGA) 15 days prior to it if you plan to shoot pictures or video during the flight. Not just announce, you have to draw your flying path on a 1:100000 scale map. If they approve it, after the flight you have to send your footage to them and the SGA and Ministry of Defense and then they will "check" the footage and if everything is ok then you wiil receive approval that you can publish footage online. That applies for any purpose of video or picture shooting from the sky.
If you do not abide this stupid law, you can get a fine from 5000-25000 HRK. That is 800-4000 USD. Yes, you cant shoot a video of your family with a drone and publish it on facebook without the fear that someone reports you.
If yu do this with a real airplane (possibly state property), maybe there will be no fine...

So if you plan to come here with a 700 grams drone, take care.

I hope this moron gets a hefty fine and some time in a jail.

If an idiot like this "brave" pilot dies one day because of a drone breaking his propeller or window, i would really not shed a tear.

Holy **** Croatia!

I referenced to law because laws are so strict and ready to be implemented on normal people who are paying the taxes. Yet, we have this kind of behaviour when there is a pilot who is flying possibly state property plane and wasting tax payers money doing something very dangerous and completely unecessary

At least aircraft pilots are trained and certified, and have to undergo periodic checks by authorized instructors or examiners. The majority of drone hobbyists have no such training, and care very little about laws, rules, regulations or safety.

How do you know what the pilot was doing? Were you privy to the flight plan? Was it a training flight? Was the pilot troubleshooting equipment? Was a flight review or remedial training being conducted?

So frustrating that so many drone hobbyists think they own the skies, they know better and all laws, rules and regulations suck and don't apply to them.

At least aircraft pilots are trained and certified, and have to undergo periodic checks by authorized instructors or examiners. The majority of drone hobbyists have no such training, and care very little about laws, rules, regulations or safety.

How do you know what the pilot was doing? Were you privy to the flight plan? Was it a training flight? Was the pilot troubleshooting equipment? Was a flight review or remedial training being conducted?

So frustrating that so many drone hobbyists think they own the skies, they know better and all laws, rules and regulations suck and don't apply to them.

It is clear that he was just showing off. He was breaking a couple of laws while doing that. For example laws regarding security of air, terrain and water traffic...
He was flying few meters above public road, passing under the bridge which is also forbidden if the case is not justified.
I do not know where are you from but i guess there is not a country in the world that allows pilots to train so low endangering civilian road traffic.

What if there was an mavic pro flying just 10 meters above the river and hit this idiots window?
This is populated, even tourist area.
Google karte
Google karte

Yanking and banking is fun but one day he will hit a power line or guide wire .

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
- Thomas Jefferson

Reactions: Domagoj

Your reply is so "Generic plane Pilot hating on Drone pilot irresponsibility" that
i cant tell if your sincere or just trolling anymore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121