DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restoring an old pair of scissors

Former Member

Reactions
Totally off topic, but Im wondering if anyone can give advice on restoring an old pair of scissors. Im not sure how long this pair of scissors has been in my family, but I know it was my dads scissors, and my mom had her own pair.

Any suggestions about where I might look to get it restored back to original condition? They still work, but the screw is loose, and Im sure the blades have not been sharpened for years.

Thanks!

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
My opinion - If they were mine, I would get the screw fixed, get the blades sharped and give them a cleanup. I would leave the chipped/worn paint on the handles as that shows lots of use and love by Dad.

Before doing anything I would find a true antique dealer to see what the value is as they may be more valuable in their untouched condition. You could probably find a knife maker in your area that could fix the screw/pin. Atlanta Knife Sharpening will most likely be able to point you toward someone that would do a quality job.

My opinion - If they were mine, I would get the screw fixed, get the blades sharped and give them a cleanup. I would leave the chipped/worn paint on the handles as that shows lots of use and love by Dad.

Before doing anything I would find a true antique dealer to see what the value is as they may be more valuable in their untouched condition. You could probably find a knife maker in your area that could fix the screw/pin. Atlanta Knife Sharpening will most likely be able to point you toward someone that would do a quality job.

Great advice and thank you so much!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911