DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restricted airspace

DJDeves

Reactions
Newbie here, Just got a Mavic mini and the Dji / Faa restriction settings won’t even let me power this thing up in my driveway. I’m not looking to fly 2 miles out ., I just wanted to take off from the ground a little and hover. Is there a way to override the settings so I can see it get off the ground? I would have never bought this if I’d know about the restrictions.

Newbie here, Just got a Mavic mini and the Dji / Faa restriction settings won’t even let me power this thing up in my driveway. I’m not looking to fly 2 miles out ., I just wanted to take off from the ground a little and hover. Is there a way to override the settings so I can see it get off the ground? I would have never bought this if I’d know about the restrictions.
You must be in an area designated as a no fly zone. Best not to fly in a neighborhood anyway, especially while learning. AirMap or Kittyhawk apps can help. May need to contact DJI for an unlock code.

Yes I have the B4UFLY app and AirMap I would never fly this over neighborhoods just wanted to hover in my yard. The maps say I’m in restricted area which sucks. Has anyone else contacted DJI regarding this?

Yes I have the B4UFLY app and AirMap I would never fly this over neighborhoods just wanted to hover in my yard. The maps say I’m in restricted area which sucks. Has anyone else contacted DJI regarding this?
You might be the first user in the area who might contact DJI for this.

what info/response do AirMap and B4UFly give you??

I recently had the same experience of getting a notice that I was in a authorization required zone. The DJI Fly app presented a 3 question check off list re safe flying followed by my entering my cell phone number. I then received a text containing 5 digits, entered them in the app and within 10 seconds was granted permission to fly my Mavic Mini.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B

First off WELCOME to the forum :)

If you're in a Restricted Area then it's probably not "just" a DJI issue. What does AirMap say for your specific area (altitude restriction)? Keep in mind that even Hobby flights require FAA approval if you're within Controlled Airspace even if only to lift of the ground 10'.

Reactions: Thomas B
I recently had the same experience of getting a notice that I was in a authorization required zone. The DJI Fly app presented a 3 question check off list re safe flying followed by my entering my cell phone number. I then received a text containing 5 digits, entered them in the app and within 10 seconds was granted permission to fly my Mavic Mini.

WELCOME to the forum @TyP.

The OP stated he was in a Restricted area rather than an authorization zone. If that's the case they probably can't "Self Authorize" and even if they do that does not negate the fact or FAA Approval required IF in Controlled Airspace.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi